Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi App has No Security Tile so I cannot active Netgear Armor

DrChaos
Aspirant

Orbi App has No Security Tile so I cannot active Netgear Armor

I have received numerous emails from Netgear imploring me to download the Orbi App and active Netgear Armor.  Okay, I finally went to Google Play and downloaded the Orbi App for Android.  The instructions both in the emails and online tell me to click on the "Security" tile to activate Netgear Armor.  Although I would like to do that, there is no security tile. There is nothing to click.  Of the six tiles, none is a "Security" tile.  App Version 2.3.1.567, Firmware V2.3.1.44, Model RBR50.  Please see attached screen shot.

Message 1 of 9
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi App has No Security Tile so I cannot active Netgear Armor

Hi @DrChaos,

Welcome to the community!

Something you can try is to clear the data and cache of the Orbi app. Please let us know if that won't do the trick.

Dexter

Message 2 of 9
jsham
Initiate

Having the same problem. The security tile is not there. I deleted app on ios (which also clears the cache) and reinstalled, but still same. Have most updated firmware too. Any ideas?

Message 3 of 9
DrChaos
Aspirant

Thanks, Dexter, BUT clearing cache and restarting did not resolve the issue.  Notably, I just downloaded it and the app downloaded WITHOUT the security tile.  Did you look at the attached image?

Message 4 of 9
Wslopatin
Aspirant

My Orbi app on Android only has 6 tiles. Am I missing an update?

Message 5 of 9
DrChaos
Aspirant

I received a call from Netgear Support.  I learned that since I was using my Orbi as a wifi Access Point (there is a router between my modem and my Orbi), the security option will not appear in the app.

Message 6 of 9
Gabe777
Tutor

Mine is in access point mode also. Does that mean Netgear’s security or armor protection is unavailable? Is my network more vulnerable without this option? What is the difference between armor and the Bitdefender I’m hearing about? Thank you.
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 7 of 9
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Gabe777, welcome to the community! If your NETGEAR device is on access point mode then the security will be handled by your main router. You can check the links below as they may help explain.

How is my NETGEAR Armor subscription different from the Bitdefender Total Security 2019 subscription?

https://kb.netgear.com/000059688/How-is-my-NETGEAR-Armor-subscription-different-from-the-Bitdefender...

How is NETGEAR Armor different from an anti-virus software?

https://kb.netgear.com/000059436/How-is-NETGEAR-Armor-different-from-an-anti-virus-software

Dexter

Message 8 of 9
Gabe777
Tutor

Thank you for answering all my questions, Dexter.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7