Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to connect to RBR50 (orbi) via either iOS or Android

MHeston
Initiate

Unable to connect to RBR50 (orbi) via either iOS or Android

My network works great... But I can't use the app on either iOS or Android to connect to my router.

Both devices are connected to the WiFi network provided by orbi, but when I try to access the router via the app I just get

"issues connecting with "Kirkland-home-d5"

I've tried unplugging all the devices and powering them back up, same problem

Truthfully the problem started over 6 months ago after a Netgear update.  After that upgrade neither operating system will connect to the device.   I've just been too busy... until covid came along, to let it bug me too much.

Marv

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Unable to connect to RBR50 (orbi) via either iOS or Android

Hello Marv, 

May you tell us what firmware version your router is on along with the current app version you're phones are on. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 2 of 5
MHeston
Initiate

The App is 2 4 25 962

The Orbi is 

Hardware Version RBR50
Firmware Version V2.3.5.30
GUI Language Version V1.0.0.360
Operation Mode AP

Message 3 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello MHeston, 

There currently is a new firmware version available for the RBR50. You may find the release notes to the new firmware linked below. After updating to the latest firmware version, I would recommend performing a factory reset and running through the setup assistant again. You may also want to try reinstalling the Orbi app on both your iOS and Android devices.

https://kb.netgear.com/000061838/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-Version-2-5-1-16

Christian 

Message 4 of 5
blackSP
Aspirant

I am running this version on my RB50 plus sattelite and I still cannot access the RB50 through the orbi app, message no internet connection. This clearly does not solve the problem. I added a new post with some more info. This must be resolved, it seems a lot of people have this issue.

post: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/RB-50-network-is-running-fine-but-app-says-no-internet/m-p...

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7