Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Disable AP isolation

rtist2g
Aspirant

Disable AP isolation

Hello, I'm interested in your Orbi Pro 2 unit kit for a photo studio. I'd need the Pro version vs the home version because I need to create a few different SSIDs for the seperate business units that are in the studio, however I do not want to isolate the networks for the simplicity of playing music to sonos speakers, or airplay to Apple TV's etc. I see that AP isolation is a *feature* but i don't see if there is an option to turn it off. Can you please clarify that I can turn AP isolation OFF?

Model: Orbi Pro Tri-band WiFi System (SRK60) AC3000
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@rtist2g,

It seems that what you are referring to is a different term, its not "AP isolation" because there are no access points involved.  

With the latest firmware version of the Orbi Pro which is v2.2.1.210, there is now an option in the  Wireless 2 SSID wherein you can allow employees to see each other as well as give access to the local network.  With this feature, you can allow your employees to access the Sonos speakers located in the local network.

Kindly refer to the screenshot below:

Let us know if have further inquiries.  Otherwise, if ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @rtist2g,

Welcome to the community! 🙂   

I'd need the Pro version vs the home version because I need to create a few different SSIDs for the seperate business units that are in the studio, however I do not want to isolate the networks for the simplicity of playing music to sonos speakers, or airplay to Apple TV's etc.

There is no option to create a different SSID other than the 3 default SSIDs, namely: Admin WiFi network, Employee WiFi network and Guest network.  

I see that AP isolation is a *feature* but i don't see if there is an option to turn it off. Can you please clarify that I can turn AP isolation OFF?

I'm afraid to inform you that there is no option to turn off AP isolation. 

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
rtist2g
Aspirant

Hi @DaneA, thanks for the reply.

In looking at the most recent firmware release notes, it states:

Added the “Allow employees to see each other and access my local network” feature on Wireless 2 network

Doesn’t this allow the employee network access items like sonos speakers etc?
Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@rtist2g,

It seems that what you are referring to is a different term, its not "AP isolation" because there are no access points involved.  

With the latest firmware version of the Orbi Pro which is v2.2.1.210, there is now an option in the  Wireless 2 SSID wherein you can allow employees to see each other as well as give access to the local network.  With this feature, you can allow your employees to access the Sonos speakers located in the local network.

Kindly refer to the screenshot below:

Let us know if have further inquiries.  Otherwise, if ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
rtist2g
Aspirant

Thanks @DaneA, that's exactly what i was looking for. Sorry for the incorrect terms, I guess thinking about it further, i should have said SSID isolation? Either way, this will work for my needs. That firmware update was just in time.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements