Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI PRO WIFI 6 SXK30100NAS

wmh1968
Tutor

ORBI PRO WIFI 6 SXK30100NAS

I just purchased an NETGEAR ORBI PRO WIFI 6 SXK30100NAS at MicroCenter for $300. I'm googling for info on setup and use and I don't find anything anywhere near that price. Either was below or way above so I can't identify and find mine for sure. 

I have ATT Uverse TV and internet and cell phone and I am very unhappy with the performance and customer service. It keeps loosing connection and is slow when connected. Will this unit help with my problems and what should the general price for it be.. Thanks, Mike

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: ORBI PRO WIFI 6 SXK30100NAS

Click on advanced and it should give you an option to let you proceed. 

You can always factory reset the router to clear out everything and start over. 

Or if you mean on your device, there's usually a forget network option. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Did you get the 2 pack or the 3 pack? 

Seems a touch high on price as for the $300 there's better setups. 

When you connect it to your uverse, the uverse has its on router already and causes a double nat. 

A double nat happens when you cascade more than 1 router.
https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
Fixes? There’s 3 options but only use 1.
1. Put the modem/gateway in modem only/pass through mode. This disables its routing functions.
2. Leave the modem/gateway in router mode but put the Netgears IP address into its DMZ. This forwards the data to the netgear. You can either leave the modem/gateway’s wireless enabled or disabled. Just make sure its using a different wifi channel to prevent interference
3. Put the Netgear into access point mode. This disables its routing functions. Wifi/ethernet still works but it does disable some features.
https://kb.netgear.com/26765/Which-features-are-disabled-on-my-NETGEAR-router-when-it-is-set-to-AP-M...

Message 2 of 9
wmh1968
Tutor

Well, I finally got the netGear Orbi Pro working on our 2 phones and one of my laptops. I left att wifi on. I could not get my 2nd laptop to work on Orbi and was trying all kinds of thing and messed something up. I would like to start from scratch. How do U do that with my cells and laptops?I get this when I try yo go to alot of websitesI get this when I try yo go to alot of websites

Message 3 of 9
plemans
Guru

Click on advanced and it should give you an option to let you proceed. 

You can always factory reset the router to clear out everything and start over. 

Or if you mean on your device, there's usually a forget network option. 

Message 4 of 9
wmh1968
Tutor

Thanks, I reset Orbi and started new and so far everything is great. Thanks, Mike

Message 5 of 9
wmh1968
Tutor

orbi 1.jpg

Message 6 of 9
wmh1968
Tutor

orbi2.jpg

Message 7 of 9
wmh1968