Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI Pro Wifi 6 SKR80 Client and Subnet/VLAN Isolation - contradicting screens?

J2021
Follower

ORBI Pro Wifi 6 SKR80 Client and Subnet/VLAN Isolation - contradicting screens?

All-

Recently purchased the Orib Pro Wifi 6 to isolate our devices from the kids, business, and IOT devices.  I'm a software guy but have limited networking knowledge.  Can anyone let me know 1) Why the "Advanced > Home" screen indicates that all client devices can see all other clients and the LAN even though I have Client and network isolation on per attached images?  2) Is there a turorial on how I can best configure this router to have 4 seperate (sub) Networks that are isolated from each other with their own SSID.  I may already have that as I couldn't ping any other attached devices when I was connected to the Employee Network?  I just want to make sure.  Thank you so much in advance.

Message 1 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ORBI Pro Wifi 6 SKR80 Client and Subnet/VLAN Isolation - contradicting screens?

@J2021,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

1) Why the "Advanced > Home" screen indicates that all client devices can see all other clients and the LAN even though I have Client and network isolation on per attached images?  

Did you just newly updated your SXR80 with the latest firmware v3.2.5.102?

Just to verify about the Client Isolation concern, are you able to get replies when you ping the IP address of wireless clients from each other on the wireless network, and also when you ping the IP address of wired clients on the wired network?

Just to verify about the Network Isolation concern, are you able to get replies when you ping the IP address of clients from different VLANs?

2) Is there a turorial on how I can best configure this router to have 4 seperate (sub) Networks that are isolated from each other with their own SSID.  I may already have that as I couldn't ping any other attached devices when I was connected to the Employee Network?  

Not sure if have already came across with the article below.  Let me share it and follow the instructions:

How do I create, configure, and assign VLANs on my Orbi Pro WiFi 6?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3

Re: ORBI Pro Wifi 6 SKR80 Client and Subnet/VLAN Isolation - contradicting screens?

I'm having the same issue on my Orbi Pro mini. SXR30

While I cannot ping from my lan network, becuase it is a totally different subnet, I CAN ping each wireless device on the IoT vlan with client and network isolation enabled. Clearly this is not working as intended.

Yes, I am on the latest firmware.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements