Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Pro SRR60 admin page return 500 internal server error

cecltd
Tutor

Orbi Pro SRR60 admin page return 500 internal server error

Hi, I can't access the admin page of my SRR60, even from https://routerlogin.com/ or https://routerlogin.net/ or the assign IP address of the router.  Try different browsers (both chrome & firefox) and computers already but no luck at all.

I have checked this thread:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Pro-WiFi-for-Small-Business/Unable-to-connect-to-admin-console...

Users could access the internet without any problem, but the app Orbi cannot access the router.  The Insight app shows the router is connected and seems normal.

But my firmware is V2.5.1.106 already, should I upgrade to V2.6.0.108?  I am hesitated to upgrade because last time when I upgraded to V2.5.3.108, I needed to downgrade again.

Could anyone help?  Thank you very much!

Message 1 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@cecltd,

Did you set a static IP Address on your SRR60?  If yes, are you able to get replies when you ping it via command prompt?

If you are able to get replies from the static IP Address of your SRR60, try the steps below:

1.  Disconnect the SRR60 from the network. 

2.  Connect a PC directly to it.  Assign a static IP Address to the PC that is within the IP address range of the static IP Address set on the SRR60.  For example: if you SRR60 has a static IP Address of 192.168.9.1, then set a static IP Address of 192.168.9.2 to your PC. 

3.  Try to access the web-GUI of your SRR60.  You may also try to ping the static IP Address of your SRR60 again to verify.

But my firmware is V2.5.1.106 already, should I upgrade to V2.6.0.108? 

You can upgrade the firmware to v2.6.0.108.  Kindly read its release notes and you can also download it here

Be reminded that with the release of Orbi Pro Firmware v2.6.0.108, the Orbi app can NO longer be used with Orbi Pro devices like the SRR60 & SRS60. This is NOT an issue and NOT a bug.  

Orbi App is compatible to be used with Orbi Home Devices.  For Orbi Pro devices, it is advisable to use the NETGEAR Insight app for management.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 8
cecltd
Tutor

Thanks Dane

I could ping SRR60:

ping.JPG

and actually everything is fine except I can't access the admin page.

I will try to arrange a down time to do the steps.

Actually the Insight app shows my SRR60 is connected normally.  But the strange thing is it always shows there are 12 connected device, same devices at all times even the users left and it still shows their mobile/ipad are online.  We have at least 30 devices connected to it at the same time!  Therefore I won't trust this Insight app and don't think it could replace Orbi app.

Thanks anyway

Message 3 of 8
cecltd
Tutor

ping.JPG

Message 4 of 8
cecltd
Tutor

I can't even create backup of my configuration using Insight app.  Should I pay to get this function?

Message 5 of 8
cecltd
Tutor

@DaneA 

Dear Dane

Could you tell me what is the cause of this error?  Is it the firmware problem?  Or other settings problem?

Thanks

Message 6 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@cecltd,

I can't even create backup of my configuration using Insight app.  Should I pay to get this function?

Kindly check the article below: 

How do I back up or restore my device settings using the Insight app?

Be informed that with the release of Insight 6.0, the Insight Basic Subscription is already EoL (End of Life).  I believe there is promo wherein there is a 35% discount if you want to upgrade to Insight Premium.

If you do not want to pay for the NETGEAR Insight Subscription, you can always manage the SRR60 through its local web-GUI. 

Could you tell me what is the cause of this error?  Is it the firmware problem?  Or other settings problem?

It would be best to open a support ticket with NETGEAR Support here at anytime. Get the debug logs from the SRR60 then attached it to the support ticket in order to be analyzed by the NETGEAR Support Experts.  To get the debug logs, here are the steps:

1. Log into the SRR60 by https://<IP address of Orbi Pro>/debug.htm

2. Start capture 

3. Wait at least 5 mins to record everything in the debug log file system.

4. Save the debug logs and attached it to the support ticket for review.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 8
cecltd
Tutor

Dear Dane

I have already followed what that article said to backup my Orbi Pro but it said failed to do so.

As my problem now is I cannot access the local web-GUI and my Insight app could not do the backup, so I could likely lose all my settings if I hit reset.

As my technical support has expired already, that's why I could only ask for help here.

Thanks for your help

I couldn't believe Netgear's products have so many problems for such a big brand.  My Orbi is still working without any problem and I choose Orbi Pro because I want a product more reliable and advanced in management.  But in fact it has more problems than a home product Orbi.  It's really really disappointed.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements