Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Pro SXR80: Insight app does not show clients connected to satellite SXS80

Escalope
Initiate

Orbi Pro SXR80: Insight app does not show clients connected to satellite SXS80

Hello from Germany,

within orbilogin.net I can see clients connected to the router or satellite and weather they are connected to 2,4 GHz or 5 GHz.

Where do I find this information in the Insight app? The number is shown (17 clients) but there is no information given, which clients are connected to my satellite. In the second picture, the bar remains "0" and no more information is given here. 

In the Insight app, all my devices are connected to the router SXR80 but that could not be real.

This information was always shown in the Orbi app.

Has anybody an idea? Thank you in advance.

1.png

2.png

Message 1 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Re: Orbi Pro SXR80: Insight app does not show clients connected to satellite SXS80

Hallo,

We're told that you can continue to use the normal Orbi App. The Insight App is not yet on speed when it comes to the Orbi Pro, some features are still missing or are incomplete - that's why the Orbi Pro marketing page does still contiune to show the Orbi App -> https://www.netgear.com/orbi-pro/features.aspx 

Grüsse

-Kurt

Message 2 of 6
Escalope
Initiate

Re: Orbi Pro SXR80: Insight app does not show clients connected to satellite SXS80

Hello Kurt,

I've tried the normal Orbi app before writing this post with the SXR80 but it's not working for me, "Device not supported". Whats about your link, seems that Netgear deleted this page...!?

I just want to know weather this is a firmware or Insight app bug or a future feature by Netgear.

Thank you, 

Markus

Message 3 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Netgear is changing fast these days it appears. My information ref. theOrni Pro AX was wrong I'm afraid, only the classic Orni Pro can use the Orbi App.

Message 4 of 6
JohnD333
Apprentice

You are correct. The Insight App is a cute marketing work-in-progress idea, but it is not very functional or useful yet. I hope that it will be one day, but I hope even more that Netgear works the bugs out of the sxr80 and scs80 firmware faster.
John
Message 5 of 6
schumaku
Guru

@JohnD333 wrote:
The Insight App is a cute marketing work-in-progress idea, but it is not very functional or useful yet.

John,

Fully disagree.

Appears you see Insight just in the standalone deployment of an Orbi SXR80/SXS80 as a closed system and compare with what the Orbi App was made for.

Netgear Insight is made for much more than a single Orbi system, a single cloud managed wireless access point, a single cloud managed switch.  It's made for two or more devices at the same location, say a switch, some access points, an Orbi system, so you can easily add a new VLAN spanning many devices, add more switches, deploy some or even more wireless access points, ... Updating a bunch of select wireless access points from 11ac to 11ax/WiFi 6 for example is a snap. And this is possible for one or multiple locations. Insight Pro does allow MSP/VAR to manage and operate many customer networks, spanning multiple locations.

Had a complex support case recently on an Insight managed customer site. It was a question of just a few clicks for ad-hoc adding a PoE switch and some wireless access points and within a two or three minutes, I had a local version of the customer's wireless environment. 

Granted, I could love to see some say "assistants" allowing short cuts, for example to enhance a configured Orbi Pro WiFi 6 system with multiple SSIDs/VLANs for adding one or multiple switches for converting to a wired backhaul. Well possible there are some ongoing integration issues with the Orbi Pro what appears to be a "single" device but is technically a multi-device system. Can't comment on this, we have no bigger Orbi Pro installations under management. 

For what we pay and get with Netgear Insight resp. Netgear Insight Pro it's an amazing value.

Regards,

-Kurt 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements