Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Pro satellite doesn't go quite far enough - add another satellite or wireless AP?

alayman
Aspirant

Orbi Pro satellite doesn't go quite far enough - add another satellite or wireless AP?

My house is on a fairly large property.  I installed a new Orbi Pro SRK60 router and satellite and it works quite well inside the house.  I have the satellite sitting on a window sill that faces directly towards the pool house which I had hoped would get a strong enough signal to the pool house.  It is almost strong enough but not quite.  The signal makes it to the pool house but isn't strong enough to make it through the walls to the opposite side.  Should I purchase another Orbi Pro satellite or should I purchase a wireless AP and rebroadcast the signal that way?

Model: Orbi Pro Tri-band WiFi System (SRK60) AC3000
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi Pro satellite doesn't go quite far enough - add another satellite or wireless AP?

@alayman,

As per inquiring the case that you have, you may purchase our outdoor satellite which pairs with Orbi Pro Router and Satellite.

Please check RBS50Y.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 11

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi alayman,

Welcome to our community!

I suggest you to purchase another Orbi Pro satellite rather than purchasing a wireless AP. So that it will be easier for you to synchronize it with the Orbi Pro router.

Regards,

Message 2 of 11
alayman
Aspirant

I like that idea as well, but it would mean that the new satellite would connect to the existing satellite.  I thought each satellite needed to connect to the router.  Assuming the satellites can connect to each other, is there any special setup necessary or do I just do it like I did the first satellite - which was very easy by the way...

Thanks!

Message 3 of 11
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@alayman,

Yes, you are correct. Orbi Pro only supports the connection from satellite to router. It has the same way of adding satellite like the first one.

Regards,

Message 4 of 11
alayman
Aspirant

Ok, but that means that the original response is incorrect.  Whatever I buy new needs to be able to connect to the exisitng satellite.  Based on your last response, that is not possible.  So the only solution is to purchase a wireless AP?

Message 5 of 11
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@alayman,

My apologies for the confusion. You may still purchase a satellite and sync it with the router, but you have to swap the locations of those devices. If you will be purchasing a wireless AP, you may need to hard wire it as it cannot be synced with your previous setup.

Regards,

Message 6 of 11
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@alayman,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread. Please let us know if everything works ok now or you still need further assistance. Just in case that the reply was the solution to your problem, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 7 of 11
alayman
Aspirant

I can't swap the router and the current satellite locations because of the location of my cable connection.  So, unless I can get the satellites to talk to one another, I guess I will have to try the wireless AP.

Message 8 of 11
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@alayman,

Daisy chain is actually available in beta firmware but not on official release. You may check this article for more information.

Regards,

Message 9 of 11
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@alayman,

As per inquiring the case that you have, you may purchase our outdoor satellite which pairs with Orbi Pro Router and Satellite.

Please check RBS50Y.

Regards,

Message 10 of 11
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@alayman,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread. Please let us know if everything works ok now or you still need further assistance. If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements