Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

2 ghz cctv cameras cannot connect to Orbi RBR760

Jwarder969
Follower

2 ghz cctv cameras cannot connect to Orbi RBR760

I have an Orbi RBR760 3-pack system. 1 router and two satellites. 

I have a large home hence the reason for this purchase. Upon setting it up, we found out that our Uniden cameras will not connect to the Orbi as they will only run on 2 ghz. As I cannot separate the channels, how on earth do I enable the cameras to be seen by my Orbi?

Do I have to take the Orbi back and buy another manufacturer (ie ASUS) in order to have visibility of my cameras or is there a workaround as I understand Orbi doesn't allow separate channels to be shown?

Help!!

Message 1 of 4

Re: 2 ghz cctv cameras cannot connect to Orbi RBR760

@Jwarder969 wrote:

I have a large home hence the reason for this purchase. Upon setting it up, we found out that our Uniden cameras will not connect to the Orbi as they will only run on 2 ghz. As I cannot separate the channels, how on earth do I enable the cameras to be seen by my Orbi?

That is a tell tale sign of badly written installation software for your IoT cameras. People turn up here regularly with similar takes of woe. There are various strategies that you can take.

Your first move should be to ask Uniden how you are supposed to connect to a Mesh router that uses smart connect and a single SSID.

You could also look at whatever mobile you are using to set up the cameras and see if you can tell it to connect to 2.4 GHz wifi.

Then there is this:

Search - NETGEAR Communities – Uniden

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Try this. Turn OFF the RBS. Then the power output of the 5Ghz radio to 25%. Be sure that 20/40 MHz Coexistence enabled. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings. Then connect your mobile device at a distance from the RBR to ensure the mobile phone keeps connected to the 2.4Ghz radio. After you get the IoT device connected, re-configure the system back to where it was. 

@Jwarder969 wrote:

I have an Orbi RBR760 3-pack system. 1 router and two satellites. 

Do I have to take the Orbi back and buy another manufacturer (ie ASUS) in order to have visibility of my cameras or is there a workaround as I understand Orbi doesn't allow separate channels to be shown?

Help!!

Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

@Jwarder969 wrote:

we found out that our Uniden cameras will not connect to the Orbi as they will only run on 2 ghz.

For a device to connect to WiFi, it must know:

• Which WiFi network to select, and
  • The password to the WiFi network.

Devices such as phones, tablets, laptops, computers, etc. have keyboards which can be used to enter this information.

How can devices without keyboards learn the required information?

Aha.  WiFi cameras have a camera that can be pointed at a QR code so that software in the camera can extract the information from the QR code and use it to connect.  Most WiFi cameras I have seen are set up by having the smartphone app create a QR code.  (My older WiFi cameras included an Ethernet port so that they could be wired into the network and set up using a computer connection before being connected via WiFi.)

Can you provide a link to the Uniden set up instructions for this model of camera.?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7