Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot hook up both satellites as wired backhaul

Lightro
Aspirant

Cannot hook up both satellites as wired backhaul

I have the rbr750 plus 2 satellites. If I plug one in via wired backhaul it will connect but when I connect both satellites with wired backhaul. One goes to 5ghz wireless backhaul. I have been trying for hours resetting units, updating firmware and out of ideas.

It basically isn’t supporting two wired backhaul at the same time, I have a Cat5e going from the main orbi to each satellites in a star config.

Thanks
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Lightro
Aspirant

Re: Cannot hook up both satellites as wired backhaul

Post can be closed, resolved. Cat5e wall adapter was wired incorrectly… Ran a cable outside of the wall run and worked. Checked wiring behind wall and the orange pairs were swapped.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Ensure both RBS and RBR FW is on same version of FW.

Is there a LAN switch in between the RBR and RBS by chance? 

Check cabling for good operation. Swap LAN cables around. CAT6 is recommended.

First wirelessly sync both RBS to the RBR. Then after synced, ethernet connect the RBS one at a time. Try connecting the one that goes wireless first to ethernet and let it connect and check it's status for 5 minutes. 

Swap RBS with each other to see if the problem follows or remains at the one location. 

Message 2 of 4
Lightro
Aspirant

Post can be closed, resolved. Cat5e wall adapter was wired incorrectly… Ran a cable outside of the wall run and worked. Checked wiring behind wall and the orange pairs were swapped.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series