Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Carrier Infinity Touch Thermostat won't connect to Orbi RBK852 (AX6000) WiFi

peppercorn
Tutor

Carrier Infinity Touch Thermostat won't connect to Orbi RBK852 (AX6000) WiFi

I just replaced my Orbi RBK50 system with a new WiFi 6 Orbi RBK852 (AX6000) mesh system at my home.  I kept the same WiFi network SSID and password from the RBK50 and all of my devices successfully attached to my new RBK852 system.  All but one device: Carrier Infinity Touch Thermostat (Model SYSTXCCITC01-A).

This is an older smart thermostat that's been installed at my home for just over four years.  I had no problems connecting the thermostat wirelessly to my old Orbi RBK50 system over the past year, but it would not connect to the RBK852.

After much online searching, I found a posting on the Netgear Community: How do I connect my PlayStation 4 to my Orbi WiFi 6 System?

This worked for me!  Summary: change the CTS/RTS Threshold values to 2347 for both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless settings.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Carrier Infinity Touch Thermostat won't connect to Orbi RBK852 (AX6000) WiFi

Yes, NG is defaulting to 64 on there Orbi AX system which for some older devices or some Iot, doesn't work well so setting 2347 is a alternative solution. Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Carrier Infinity Touch Thermostat won't connect to Orbi RBK852 (AX6000) WiFi

Yes, NG is defaulting to 64 on there Orbi AX system which for some older devices or some Iot, doesn't work well so setting 2347 is a alternative solution. Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 6
Arch666
Initiate

Re: Carrier Infinity Touch Thermostat won't connect to Orbi RBS750 (AX4200) WiFi

Hi,

I saw the thread about Carrier Infinity Touch not able to connect to AX6000. I have the same problem but with AX4200 (RBS750)

The solution provided is - "change the CTS/RTS Threshold values to 2347 for both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless settings."

How to do this? I am a non-tech person.. can someone please send the details (steps) please?

Thanks

Arch

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Carrier Infinity Touch Thermostat won't connect to Orbi RBS750 (AX4200) WiFi

Use a wired PC and web browser and navigate to 192.168.1.1 or orbilogin.com. 

Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings to change CTS values.

@Arch666 wrote:

Hi,

I saw the thread about Carrier Infinity Touch not able to connect to AX6000. I have the same problem but with AX4200 (RBS750)

The solution provided is - "change the CTS/RTS Threshold values to 2347 for both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless settings."

How to do this? I am a non-tech person.. can someone please send the details (steps) please?

Thanks

Arch

Message 4 of 6
Arch666
Initiate

I followed th instructions.. thanks FURRYe38 (Guru) 🙂

My thermostat is connected to Orbi's network

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad it worked. Enjoy.

Smiley Very Happy

@Arch666 wrote:

I followed th instructions.. thanks FURRYe38 (Guru) 🙂

My thermostat is connected to Orbi's network

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements