Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

When will Netgear fix it's IPv6 problem?

cdysthe
Virtuoso

When will Netgear fix it's IPv6 problem?

I'm not here for help. I have tried everything suggested in several threads to keep IPv6 up and working on my RBR850 with my Xfinity connection. The modem is a Netgear CM2000.

Included in what I have tried is two other mesh router systems from Asus and TP-Link and IPv6 support is rock solid on both and do not give me "not available" messages when the IP is renewed by the ISP. Please do not suggest I try anything except fixed firmware for my otherwise great RBR850 system.
Message 1 of 14
plemans
Guru

Re: When will Netgear fix it's IPv6 problem?

I'd agree, it is broken right now. 

My SXK30 it was perfect on. The orbi 9 series I have, it can't keep a solid connection. 

A bit of a disappointment. 

Message 2 of 14
cdysthe
Virtuoso

Just to clarify. Everything else on my 850 system works just great. It's only that I can't get IPv6 to work. Well, with several reboots and settings toggles I get IPv6 for a few hours! 🙂

Message 3 of 14
plemans
Guru

Mine's the same. It'll connect and work for a few hours and then it craps out. A bit sad. 

Message 4 of 14
iyang
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @cdysthe ,

Can we know what's ipv6 mode (dhcp, pppoe, auto detect...) do you use ?

Thanks.

Message 5 of 14
cdysthe
Virtuoso

I have been through this many times but I use Autodetect and mostly I then get 6 to 4 Tunnel (which isn't really IPv6) but sometimes I get DHCP which it should be. But after an hour or so I lose IPv6 connection and when I check it says that IPv6 is not available. If I toggle on an off several times I may get DHCP again which last for an hour or so.

I am pretty sure it's lost when the IP is being renewed (DHCPv6) by Comcast.
Message 6 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

New FW is available:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBR850-RBS850-Firmware-Version-4...

@cdysthe wrote:
I'm not here for help. I have tried everything suggested in several threads to keep IPv6 up and working on my RBR850 with my Xfinity connection. The modem is a Netgear CM2000.

Included in what I have tried is two other mesh router systems from Asus and TP-Link and IPv6 support is rock solid on both and do not give me "not available" messages when the IP is renewed by the ISP. Please do not suggest I try anything except fixed firmware for my otherwise great RBR850 system.

Message 7 of 14
cdysthe
Virtuoso

Thanks The download link for the router FW 4.6.14.3 doesn't work. The one for the satellite does.
Message 8 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Try this link again...it just worked for me.

Message 9 of 14
cdysthe
Virtuoso

Got the firmware updated. Same IPv6 problem: IPv6 becomes "Not available" after a few hours, sometimes a couple of days and in rare occasions up to a week. Again, I think the problem is DHCPv6 not working correctly on Netgear routers so when the ISP updates the router fails getting the new IP.  

Message 10 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, thanks for the feedback. 

Will pass this on to NG. Will keep on them about this. All we can do. 

Message 11 of 14
FarmerBob1
Luminary

On my RBK853 during 4.6.9.14 and now for the time, since Saturday with 4.6.14.3, I have gotten IPv6. My ISP is Centurylink with the RBR connect to the ONT directly and all login and settings are on the RBR.

IPv6SettingsPageWithAnnos_120622.png

Message 12 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

@FarmerBob1 Let us know the duration your seeing with your system and ISP service and if you see any interruptions.

Message 13 of 14
cdysthe
Virtuoso

I am also able to get a IPv6 address but as soon as it's renewed by Comcast the IP is lost and I'm told that IPv6 is "not available.". That could be an hour or five days, but eventually IPv6 is lost. 

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7