Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can Orbi router work alone without satellite?

Vobuai
Follower

Can Orbi router work alone without satellite?

Hi I just want to know if Orbi router can work alone without the satellite or not?

Currently I am placing the router in living room and the satellite in bedroom. I want to switch-off the satellite at night when sleeping to reduce EMF radiation. But when I switch-off the satellite, it seem the entire network mesh got problem, so I have to switch-on the satellite again to get the network back to normal condition.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
rhester72
Virtuoso

Re: Can Orbi router work alone without satellite?

Yes, router-only is a supported configuration.

Any devices that were previously connected to the satellite should (eventually) auto-reconnect to the router.

If you are doing it exclusively for EMF reasons, though, it might be worth pointing out that the radiation generated (and absorbed by the human body) by cell phones and towers, radio stations, plane transponders, and the Sun already so grossly exceeds wifi's maximum that there is absolutely no risk in that regard.

Rodney

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
rhester72
Virtuoso

Re: Can Orbi router work alone without satellite?

Yes, router-only is a supported configuration.

Any devices that were previously connected to the satellite should (eventually) auto-reconnect to the router.

If you are doing it exclusively for EMF reasons, though, it might be worth pointing out that the radiation generated (and absorbed by the human body) by cell phones and towers, radio stations, plane transponders, and the Sun already so grossly exceeds wifi's maximum that there is absolutely no risk in that regard.

Rodney

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7