Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 / RBS50 network, not showing network map of connected devices

CR4
Guide
Guide

Orbi RBR50 / RBS50 network, not showing network map of connected devices

I recently picked up an RBR50 and a couple of RBS50s to extend my network and replace the RBR20 I was using as my router.

In the process, I also updated the firmware of all devices to V2.7.5.4

The network seems to be up and running well, but neither the Orbi phone app nor the orbilogin page in my browser is showing the network or the connections properly.

the orbi app shows that I have 7 satellites connected, (3 wired), which is correct, but the map only shows one of them.

the orbilogin page shows my connected devices, but doesn't show their firmware version (though i know all are v2.7.5.4) or their backhaul status.

I tried setting up a new orbi system with the app, but it comes back with the same configuration.

Screenshots attached to help show the issue..IMG_6793.jpgIMG_6794.jpgorbi1.jpgorbi2.jpg

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50 / RBS50 network, not showing network map of connected devices

My guess is that information about the satellites is not appearing because they are in the "config sync" state.  i.e. the router to satellite connection is not fully established.

My suggestion is to power them all off.  One at a time, relocate each satellite to the same room as the router, do a Factory Reset (on the satellite), connect it to the router, and wait for it to sync.  Then, relocate it back to the desired location.

Guess it would be worth asking.... Is the system actually "working correctly" in the sense that device have internet and are "happy" and the only problem is how they are described?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

My guess is that information about the satellites is not appearing because they are in the "config sync" state.  i.e. the router to satellite connection is not fully established.

My suggestion is to power them all off.  One at a time, relocate each satellite to the same room as the router, do a Factory Reset (on the satellite), connect it to the router, and wait for it to sync.  Then, relocate it back to the desired location.

Guess it would be worth asking.... Is the system actually "working correctly" in the sense that device have internet and are "happy" and the only problem is how they are described?

Message 2 of 6
CR4
Guide
Guide

thanks for the reply - ill try that. (I also realised post is in the wrong forum section 🙄).

in answer to your question, 'working correctly' in my original context, basically meant that i can get an internet connection in every room, - I just dont know if it is optimised.

Message 3 of 6
schumaku
Guru

The "Unknown connection" shown is also a factor, probably related. All satellites are wired?

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

How are the RBS ethernet connected to the RBR? Directly behind the RBR or is there a LAN switch in between? If there is a LAN switch, Brand and model# of this switch please.

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR📡 and RBS🛰️ to begin with depending upon building materials when wired or wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite ‌‌🛰

Message 5 of 6
CR4
Guide
Guide

Followed the advice by Crimpon, reset all of the satellites back to factory whilst in close proximity to router - and then put them back in original places.

All good 😊
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7