Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Satellite Offline

wairds
Tutor

Orbi Satellite Offline

My setup is an RBR50 in access point mode with two RBS50 satellites.

This morning I noticed one of the satellites was showing offline. I disconnected it from the network, switched it off and then on in the hope it would reconnect. It did not. I tried this again observing the light ring at the top of the satellite. No light ring of any colour was showing. I then tried a factory reset using a paper clip and held the clip in for over a minute. The power led was showing green and continued to show green. The instructions indicated it should turn to amber. It did not.

I should add the other satellite works without a problem.

I strongly suspect the worst but would appreciate any advice.

Thanks in anticipation.

Message 1 of 7
esteg
Guide

Re: Orbi Satellite Offline

@wairds wrote:

This morning I noticed one of the satellites was showing offline. I disconnected it from the network, switched it off and then on in the hope it would reconnect. It did not. I tried this again observing the light ring at the top of the satellite. No light ring of any colour was showing. I then tried a factory reset using a paper clip and held the clip in for over a minute. The power led was showing green and continued to show green. The instructions indicated it should turn to amber. It did not.

Thanks in anticipation.

Actually there is a problem with new firmware. Dunno if it applies to AP mode (mine si in router mode) but try to uncheck TM (Traffic Management).

Regards.

Model: RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 2 of 7
vajim
Master

@wairds wrote:

Thanks in anticipation.

what does this mean..."This morning I noticed one of the satellites was showing offline."   How did you check or see this?

FYI.... No light ring of any colour was showing is good.

https://kb.netgear.com/31030/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Orbi-router-and-satellite-mean

Message 3 of 7
wairds
Tutor

@esteg wrote:

@wairds wrote:

Thanks in anticipation.

Actually there is a problem with new firmware. Dunno if it applies to AP mode (mine si in router mode) but try to uncheck TM (Traffic Management).

Regards.

Thanks for your response however I think Traffic Management only works in router mode. The two satellites and the router are on firmware version 2.7.2.104.

Message 4 of 7
vajim
Master

@wairds wrote:

Thanks for your response however I think Traffic Management only works in router mode. The two satellites and the router are on firmware version 2.7.2.104.

I don't think Traffic Management works at all.  

NG should get rid of it period,

Message 5 of 7
wairds
Tutor

@vajim wrote:

@wairds wrote:

Thanks in anticipation.

what does this mean..."This morning I noticed one of the satellites was showing offline."   How did you check or see this?

FYI.... No light ring of any colour was showing is good.

https://kb.netgear.com/31030/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Orbi-router-and-satellite-mean

Thanks for your response. I checked it through the Orbi app. It showed one of the satellites to be offline.

I do realise that when it is functioning correctly no light ring will show. However it shows no light ring of any colour in any mode. Not when it is powering up, not when it is attempting to connect and not when it has connected to the router.

Message 6 of 7
vajim
Master

@wairds wrote:

Thanks for your response. I checked it through the Orbi app. It showed one of the satellites to be offline.

I do realise that when it is functioning correctly no light ring will show. However it shows no light ring of any colour in any mode. Not when it is powering up, not when it is attempting to connect and not when it has connected to the router.

OK

I would not use the app....too many have reported problems.  IF you need to check your network login using a PC.  

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7