Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi not working with Apple devices

MalcH
Aspirant

Orbi not working with Apple devices

I have both Orbi RBR50 and brand new Ordi RBR760 (both with the latest updates)

Both work perfectly with Windows 11 devices but will not work with Apple devices (all up to date).

For example Apple devices show:

1) MS Outlook - Cannot verify identity of 'outlook.office365.com cannot be verified'

2) Hotmail - 'Cannot verify the server identity The identity of "m.hotmail.com' cannot be verified

Apps such as 'BBC News' work but BBC Weather', Met Office Weather', Strava' 'Ride with GPS' cannot connect. Safari 'can't open the page because it couldn't establish a secure connection to the server'

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
MalcH
Aspirant

Re: Orbi not working with Apple devices

Hi all, thanks for all the suggestions, I have now resolved the issue.

What confused me was the fact that all the Apple devices worked initially then over a period of several hours they one by one lost access to the Internet.

The solution:

I accessed the router via the IP address locally and went into Advanced Settings, Control Access and discovered that Intent access was denied to all but my two Windows 11 devices even when the correct password was used to access the router WiFi.

I ticked the boss to allow additional devices to access the WiFi and instantly the issue was solved.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Be sure that you disable WiFi Private IP Address feature on Apple phones and pads while at home:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-p/222...

Contact Apple support regarding there products.

Message 2 of 7

@MalcH wrote:
....but will not work with Apple devices (all up to date).

Have you considered that it might be the other way round?

Apple devices will not work with your Orbi?

Have you tried researching that side by talking to some Apple experts?

Message 3 of 7
MalcH
Aspirant

Hi all, thanks for all the suggestions, I have now resolved the issue.

What confused me was the fact that all the Apple devices worked initially then over a period of several hours they one by one lost access to the Internet.

The solution:

I accessed the router via the IP address locally and went into Advanced Settings, Control Access and discovered that Intent access was denied to all but my two Windows 11 devices even when the correct password was used to access the router WiFi.

I ticked the boss to allow additional devices to access the WiFi and instantly the issue was solved.

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 5 of 7
MalcH
Aspirant

Thanks, greatly appreciated.

I have now marked it as solved.

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

👍