Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi with HyperOptics (UK ISP)

tazdotcom
Follower

Orbi with HyperOptics (UK ISP)

I have a 1gb internet connect both up & download from HyperOptics ISP (UK) https://hyperoptic.com (any signup let me know can get a discount). They provide their own router however the Orbi is much better but the issue I have noticed that download speed drop to half 500mb whilst uploads remain 900+mb.

When I connect up their router its back to know 900+mb both ways. I have spoken to HyperOptics who are unable to assist due to a third-party device does anyone else or can assist me on why this is planning. Is there a configuration requirement or such? 

p.s. I am referring to a wired connection. 

Even when I connect their router than the Orbi speeds drop still. I have attached a photo to show my connection point which is a ethernet port to any router which is great. I really can't figure this out. Any assistance would be welcomed.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi with HyperOptics (UK ISP)

What FW version are you using?

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem/ONT?

If this modem/ONT has a router, and you want to use the Orbi router in router mode, use the modem/ONTs DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem/ONT. Factory reset the Orbi router and set up from scratch. Do not enable or touch QoS, SpeedTest, Access Controls or Traffic Metering. These will slow the router down after setting those up.

Or use the modem/ONT as your main router and use the AP mode feature of the Orbi router in AP mode and connect LAN to LAN from the Orbi router to the Modem/ONT.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi with HyperOptics (UK ISP)

What FW version are you using?

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem/ONT?

If this modem/ONT has a router, and you want to use the Orbi router in router mode, use the modem/ONTs DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem/ONT. Factory reset the Orbi router and set up from scratch. Do not enable or touch QoS, SpeedTest, Access Controls or Traffic Metering. These will slow the router down after setting those up.

Or use the modem/ONT as your main router and use the AP mode feature of the Orbi router in AP mode and connect LAN to LAN from the Orbi router to the Modem/ONT.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7