Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Placing Orbi Satellite in attic

ransonrjr
Follower

Placing Orbi Satellite in attic

I am contemplating placing my Orbi satellite in the attic.  Does anyone know what the Orbi's tolerance is for heat?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Poohbee
Aspirant

Re: Placing Orbi Satellite in attic

You technically could put it in the attic and it will run fine. In my experience with the Orbi, it runs very cool and since most of the heat rises out from the top with not very much obstruction it should do ok. The only misgiving I have is that in the hot summer months, the attic will get pretty hot and although the Orbi may be able to take the heat, it will eventually shorten the life of your unit. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
Poohbee
Aspirant

You technically could put it in the attic and it will run fine. In my experience with the Orbi, it runs very cool and since most of the heat rises out from the top with not very much obstruction it should do ok. The only misgiving I have is that in the hot summer months, the attic will get pretty hot and although the Orbi may be able to take the heat, it will eventually shorten the life of your unit. 

Message 2 of 5

@ransonrjr wrote:

I am contemplating placing my Orbi satellite in the attic.  Does anyone know what the Orbi's tolerance is for heat?

have to agree its prob not the best place for any electronics

the orbi is pretty enough to sit on a side table or cupboard so there is no real reason to hide it away

pete

Message 3 of 5
k9kids
Guide

Plastic doesn't do well under extreme heat. I'd worry about the enclosure warping. 

Message 4 of 5

i would be far more worried about the thermal stress the heat and dust would cause to the cpu and its lifespan 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7