Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 Router. And satellite with Virgin Media SuperHub3 constantly dropping signal

mikeuk24
Aspirant

RBR50 Router. And satellite with Virgin Media SuperHub3 constantly dropping signal

I am using an Netgear ORBI RBR50 as router with one satellite, and a Virgin MediaSuperHub3  as modem. The router and modem are connected  by Ethernet cable. The satellite is connected wirelessly.

All devices are connected wirelessly.

Every few minutes the signal drops out and I have no connection to the internet from my devices.

I have followed the virgin guide to put the SuperHub3 into modem mode, linked the ORBI via the bottom Ethernet port as advised. 

I have followed all of the setup instructions in the ORBI app. Both the Router and Satelite show green on the network map in the ORBI app.

Is it the modem causing the problem or the ORBI?

I am putting this to both Virgin and Netgear in order to see where the problem emirates from  and hopefully find someone who has previously found a resolution

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR50 Router. And satellite with Virgin Media SuperHub3 constantly dropping signal

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Has a power off for 1 minute then back on with the ISP modem and RBR been performed since last update?

Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and RBR. CAT6 is recommended. 

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. 
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 

Message 2 of 3
Mstrbig
Master

Re: RBR50 Router. And satellite with Virgin Media SuperHub3 constantly dropping signal

After you changed the ISP modem, did you reconfigure the Orbi router? Now that the ISP modem is in modem mode, you may want to factory reset the Orbi router and re-install, just to make sure it grabs what is needed from the ISP and configures itself in router mode.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7