Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

a new satellite from other sales region

bearyoung
Aspirant

a new satellite from other sales region

just moved from US to Europe and brought the RBK23 with us, can I buy a new satellite here from a local seller? I believe the they have different versions, RBK23-100PES and RBK23-100NAS? will this combination have problem?

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: a new satellite from other sales region

Your issues will be:

1. Region setting. Each region has their own setting for wireless regulations and usage. the US ones have the region locked. You can change it but it'll take a little effort on  your part. There's multiple posts in the forums. Read a few of them to see if thats within your capabilities and if so, you should be good. Here's one for example.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/ORBI-RBK53-Region-Change/td-p/1743684

2. Power supply. The EU uses a different power standard. You can either get a different power supply or an adapter as I think most power supplies will take the EU power but just needing the plug adapter.  

Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

Once the regions changed, you should be able to add the satellite without issues. *should* being key word. 

Message 3 of 4

You may not even to change the region, although it is probably a good idea.

Someone sent me an Orbi satellite from the USA. It worked OK with "native" UK stuff.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7