Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR840 - Very SLow UI - Suggestions please

gt7486c
Aspirant

RBR840 - Very SLow UI - Suggestions please

Summary: When logging into the Orbi web interface, the UI is really slow and unresponsive. I mean clicking on things often takes a few seconds to show up. I've had Orbi many years ago and returned but do not recall the interface being this sluggish and slow. Happens on any browser Chrome, Safari on any PC or tablet. My feeling is something is wrong/not setup properly but I'm not sure...Wondering if anyone had suggestions on things to try. 

- Navigating web UI is super sluggish. Example clicking on the sections on the left side (takes 2-10 seconds maybe more to populate the page). Some pages don't update at all and I have to keep clicking or hit refresh after 30 seconds. 

- Clicking on Advanced/Lan Setup takes over 30 seconds to load the page.

- I have about 85 devices connected with two satellites. 

- This is the Costco model. I compared specs and it seemed to indicate the only difference was that 1024 QAM was disabled in 2.4 GHz band versus the Best Buy/retail model. 

- Wondering if there is a slower CPU in this model.

- I'm not in the UI alot (I am now during setup) but it's still super frustrating.

- I was unable to set this up using the mobile app (Orbi not found even though connected to wifi) and had to finish setup on a computer via the web browser. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR840 - Very SLow UI - Suggestions please

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

85 devices is a lot of devices. 

I would try this, you could leave the RBS ON and let wifi devices connect to them. 

Disconnect all but 1 wired PC to the RBR. Disconnect all other cable lines including the cable to the ISP modem. 

Factory reset the RBR and setup from scratch using the wired PC and web browser at HTTP and 192.168.1.1. Walk thru the setup wizard taking notice of any slowness as you go thru the wizard. Don't set SSID and PW to same as before right now.

When you get to the home screen, select a few areas to go into and take notice of any slowness in browsing the RBRs web pages. Does the slowness still continue? 

After checking this, connect the RBR to the ISP modem and check RBRs web pages again. 

After checking this, set the RBR SSID and Password to what you had before. RBS and devices should connect and check web pages again. 

Let us know how it turns out. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

85 devices is a lot of devices. 

I would try this, you could leave the RBS ON and let wifi devices connect to them. 

Disconnect all but 1 wired PC to the RBR. Disconnect all other cable lines including the cable to the ISP modem. 

Factory reset the RBR and setup from scratch using the wired PC and web browser at HTTP and 192.168.1.1. Walk thru the setup wizard taking notice of any slowness as you go thru the wizard. Don't set SSID and PW to same as before right now.

When you get to the home screen, select a few areas to go into and take notice of any slowness in browsing the RBRs web pages. Does the slowness still continue? 

After checking this, connect the RBR to the ISP modem and check RBRs web pages again. 

After checking this, set the RBR SSID and Password to what you had before. RBS and devices should connect and check web pages again. 

Let us know how it turns out. 

Message 2 of 3
gt7486c
Aspirant

This is actually a really good suggestion, thank you! I had the firmware version noted but forgot to include: V3.2.18.1_1.4.14.

I wish I had done this suggestion on the first day since the network is basically setup now and I don't think the family is willing to incur a few hours of downtime. I may try this soon though after I document the changes I made (reservations, etc).

85 devices may seem like a lot but most are passive, IOT type devices. I had several eero 6 models that did not have a problem and my understanding was these new Orbi's were "rated" for 100+ devices (I understand that is a vague metric--but the point I was understanding was they had sufficient CPU power to manage higher speeds and higher device counts).

I was wondering if that was the experience of others--navigating the web interface. I've used Orbi web interface before and it's responsiveness here is just super frustrating so I wanted to see what others were experiencing.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7