Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

(stability) problem with RBK853/its RBS850 satellites web interface

tuxbox78
Aspirant

(stability) problem with RBK853/its RBS850 satellites web interface

Hi, i have a strange problem with (only) one of my RBS850 satellites. One (and always just this same one) "looses" its web interface after a few days, but it seems its wifi still works as normal and the overview from the RBR850 router shows this "faulty" satellite works as usual and also has connected devices and a good backhaul connection. But when i try to access its web interface (no matter if the status.htm page or whatever) there is no connection possible to it.

A restart of the satellite solves it, but its difficult as it cannot be done remotely. Has anybody seen similiar behaviour or even a solution to it besided restarting the device every few days? Of course i got latest firmware installed, but i have this problem since the first days i got this set.

Thanks,

Frank

Message 1 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: (stability) problem with RBK853/its RBS850 satellites web interface

What Firmware version is currently loaded? Same version should be on both RBR and all RBSs.
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

Message 2 of 10
tuxbox78
Aspirant

Firmware Version V4.6.3.16 is currently installed (of course on both Router RBR850 and its two satellites RBS850). The Router acts in AP only mode and is connected to a switch ... i'm not sure if/what the internet provider could have to do with the satellites lan internal web interface. But if you want to know.. its german provider 1&1  (united internet) with a avm fritzbox 7590 to connect to it. But as said... neither internet nor wifi access has any problems. It's just the satellites web interface thats not reacting until restart after a few days... 

Connection between satellites and router ist always classified (blue) as 5G and good. The home has about 1200 sq.ft. and the positions of the router and satellites build a equilateral triangle with  each 36 feet distance to each other.

Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

There is a beta you can try which seems to have broght better experiences and operation. Current versions of v4 FW have been problematic since the arrived last year. MIght review this and give it a try:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBR850-RBS850-Firmware-Version-v...

Message 4 of 10
tuxbox78
Aspirant

Yes, acutally i have done a factory reset as otherwise before i also had problems with the integrated speedtest. Those are gone now, but the "vanishing" web interface of this RBS850 Satellite always was and stayed the same.

Regarding beta-firmware .. i usually am the first to use and test beta stuff, but this setup is key "infrastructure of productive systems".. in other words my wife and kids would kill me if there come problems regarding wifi. And as wifi - even of this strange acting satellite - is ok for now i wouldn't wanna bother with it.

Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Of course, up to you. 

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

Message 6 of 10
dcraig
Guide

I am having the same problem.  The web interface will not load on one of my RBS850 satellites.  When I try to login to the satellite via a web browser, it asks me for the the username and password, but then nothing happens when I press the "Sign In" button.  Also, when I load the web interface for the Router, it sees the Satellite but shows it as "Out of Sync."  And when I go to the firmware update page in the Router interface, it states "Service Unavailable" for the faulty Satellite.  When I try to update the firmware from the router web interface, it is also unable to logon to the Satellite to complete the update. I did a hard reset and it did not solve my problem.  I was hoping that re-installing the current FW version on the Satellite would work, but I cannot access Satellite to perform the update.

I am on the current FW version 4.6.3.16 for router and satellites.

The satellite seems to be working, but I cannot logon onto it or update it.

Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you factory reset the RBS and connect it to the RBR via ethernet. Give it 5 minutes, then you should be able to log in to the RBS using a PC and web browser.

@dcraig wrote:

I am having the same problem.  The web interface will not load on one of my RBS850 satellites.  When I try to login to the satellite via a web browser, it asks me for the the username and password, but then nothing happens when I press the "Sign In" button.  Also, when I load the web interface for the Router, it sees the Satellite but shows it as "Out of Sync."  And when I go to the firmware update page in the Router interface, it states "Service Unavailable" for the faulty Satellite.  When I try to update the firmware from the router web interface, it is also unable to logon to the Satellite to complete the update. I did a hard reset and it did not solve my problem.  I was hoping that re-installing the current FW version on the Satellite would work, but I cannot access Satellite to perform the update.

Message 8 of 10
dcraig
Guide

Thanks FURRYe38.  I was able to get things back to normal by doing another hard reset of the Satellite and then syncing to router wirelessly.  Everything synced up and is working normally via wired and wireless backhaul.  I guess the second reset is what it needed.

@FURRYe38 wrote:

What happens if you factory reset the RBS and connect it to the RBR via ethernet. Give it 5 minutes, then you should be able to log in to the RBS using a PC and web browser.

@dcraig wrote:

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

Enjoy.

@dcraig wrote:

Thanks FURRYe38.  I was able to get things back to normal by doing another hard reset of the Satellite and then syncing to router wirelessly.  Everything synced up and is working normally via wired and wireless backhaul.  I guess the second reset is what it needed.

@FURRYe38 wrote:

@dcraig wrote:

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7