Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CBR750 not connecting to internet

DrRod
Aspirant

CBR750 not connecting to internet

I had this exact issue this week when I did a factory reset on my CBR750 Orbi modem router. When I followed the Orbi app instructions, there’s a point in the process where they tell you to exit the app and connect to the wifi.  When I connected the wifi to the Orbi router, an error page comes up saying “Could not retrieve all the headers.”  The smaller line below it says, “Tinyproxy was unable to retrieve and process headers from the remote web server.”

When trying to connect the wifi, we tried everything with my ISP including reactivating for this particular router and it did not work, even with it already being associated to my ISP account as was described as one of the solutions in the Netgear community.

When you get this error message, hit the “Cancel” button in the top right corner and click “Use Without Internet.”

After this, type in the router address192.168.1.1 and password to access your router directly. It will give you access to login directly into your router and you can set it up from there. Once the router is set up, the internet will come through great as long as the ISP settings were already set to your modem. For me, the error message did not come up again. Quite a few people on the forums have had trouble with this and thought they needed a new modem/router. Some thought they needed the ISP to reset the appropriate modem settings on their end. But all I had to do was follow the steps above and the internet data worked fast and well on the speedtest. It has been more than 24 hours now and everything is working great and back to normal!

DrRod_0-1670813902103.png

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
DrRod
Aspirant

Re: CBR750 not connecting to internet

No. Please see my first post on December 11th. I am replying to someone else’s problem with the same issue to let folks know how I was able to resolve it. Hopefully, when folks look it up and see this thread, it will help them resolve it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Who your ISP?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch with a wired PC as web browser. So this with the CBR disconnected from the ISP service coax line. 

Use MS Edge browser to walk thru the setup wizard.

Clear out all browser caches before entering the RBR setup wizard at 192.168.1.1.

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Message 2 of 6
DrRod
Aspirant

My ISP is Xfinity.

No factory reset had been performed since my firmware update, which I did when I installed it this past summer. The router was brand new this summer when I installed it. When I did the factory reset, it said the firmware was up-to-date after I got it connected and checked. I didn’t use the wizard or the app; I just went direct to the router through the browser.

I do not own a PC, I use Mac.

I don’t remember the current firmware, but it is the most up-to-date.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

So are you still having problems getting the CBR to connect to the internet and ISP services? 

Message 4 of 6
DrRod
Aspirant

No. Please see my first post on December 11th. I am replying to someone else’s problem with the same issue to let folks know how I was able to resolve it. Hopefully, when folks look it up and see this thread, it will help them resolve it more quickly.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok. One possible solution or work around. Thanks for confirming. 

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7