Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Alexa Echo Dot won't connect to Orbi WiFi

Tradebear
Follower

Alexa Echo Dot won't connect to Orbi WiFi

I just got my new Orbi mesh system and I can't seem to connect my Echo products. Yes, there were connected to an old WiFi system, and Apple Base Station.  I just can't get them to pair with Orbi's wifi network. When I try to connect to the Amazon wifi, the Orbi wifi drops off. I'm not very tech smart. I'm sure it's me and not the Orbi. What am i doing wrong?
Any help would be much appreciated. 

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 4
kcsupra
Guide

Re: Alexa Echo Dot won't connect to Orbi WiFi

Message 2 of 4
fliparagon
Initiate

After no problems with my Echo connected to my Orbi, it randomly disconnected from the WiFi and would not reconnect. Tried resetting the Echo, resetting the router, tried connecting to the guest network, changing passwords, rebooting/resetting the Echo, router (including powering down), but still no luck. As a last resort, I decided to try and add the Echo's MAC address to 'Allowed' devices under the 'Access Control' section of the Orbi router control and noticed that under the existing list of devices, the Echo's MAC address was already listed under 'Blocked'. I have no idea why or how the device became blocked as I'm the only one in our household who knows how to access to the router controls (or would even know how to block a device). But for some reason, our Echo's MAC address was there. 

After removing the Echo's MAC address from blocked devices and going through the setup process again, this time it reconnected and all is good. Not sure if you're issue is the same as mine but it's worth checkiing out. 

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 3 of 4
mike02
Aspirant

I had experienced the same problems trying to reinstall my Echo after moving it between rooms.  Two days later I found this post... hoping that the Echo's mac address was "blocked".  It was not... but... after deleting the Echo's mac address within the orbi login software... the Echo was able to reinstall (using the Alexa App) and hook into the wifi network.  

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7