Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot log-into RBR50 Router after initial set-up

ShannonReiter
Aspirant

Cannot log-into RBR50 Router after initial set-up

I just bought and attempted set-up a new RBR50 router, so far the wireless network is working flawlessly and I've been able to get my satellite set up and connected as well. However, when I try to log-in to the router to start setting up features I am unable to use the default log-in credentials to do so.

I've attempted to log-in using the App during my first start up, I downloaded and re-installed the app already and make sure I am using the most recent version as well. When I try to log-in with the default "admin" and "password" combination it gives me the error "Login failed. Please re-enterthe correct admin password..."

After this, I attempted to log-in with the web portal using both "orbilogin.com," "routerlogin.com," and "routerlogin.net" but each time I recieve the message "your connection to this site is not private" while trying to log-in and it sends me in a loop of entering credentials and popping up a new window. When I hit cancel and attempt to go through the password reset, it asks me to enter the security questions which I do not have. 

This is the point where I've attemped the resets to try setting up the system using my laptop using both the ethernet and wifi steps in the Quick Start Guide. The default connection is usable and strong; however, I purchased the Orbi over the Velop because of the recent firmware update and the ability to get out of the daisy-chain configuration.

The unit was purchased new, not refurbished, and has been factory reset with a paper clip twice already during my troubleshooting. At this point I don't know what's preventing me from using the app or getting into the settings that I actually want to use.

I've already read through a number of the other threads but I can't seem to find someone dealing with the same issue. If you can point me to somewhere to an exisiting post that I've missed please do. I'll most likely return the unit if I'm not able to get this figured out, so I would really appreciate the help in solving this issue so I don't have to go through the return process.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Cannot log-into RBR50 Router after initial set-up

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What browser are you using? 

The best method to set up the Orbi is wired PC/Laptop and broswer and walk thru the setup wizard. Write down all important information during this setup process. After it sets up and you have input a PW for the admin account, you should be able to access the routers web page again using same PW. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What browser are you using? 

The best method to set up the Orbi is wired PC/Laptop and broswer and walk thru the setup wizard. Write down all important information during this setup process. After it sets up and you have input a PW for the admin account, you should be able to access the routers web page again using same PW. 

Message 2 of 4
ShannonReiter
Aspirant

Thanks, Furry - I was able to get this solved from your recommendation on checking the modem. I turned off the network that was broadcasting from the ISP router/modem and the Orbi was finally assigned an IP address that allowed me to log into the unit and complete the set-up.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. 

FYI about ISP modem/router combo units:

Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7