Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cant connect using my company VPN

aalvarad
Aspirant

Cant connect using my company VPN

All works well, but when I try to establish a VPN with my company then it doesnt work. I am simply not able to connect to my company via VPN. That is deal breaker. 

Help

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router, RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite, RBW30|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Cant connect using my company VPN

@aalvarad wrote:

All works well, but when I try to establish a VPN with my company then it doesnt work. I am simply not able to connect to my company via VPN.

Many users report using VPN with the Orbi system.  Perhaps if you identify the specific VPN others can comment on how they got connected.  Ordinarily the brand of ISP modem is something to ask about, but the CBR40 includes a cable modem in the router, so you (literally) have no ISP device, correct?

Message 2 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

p.s. Is this VPN connection on a Mac or Windows platform?

And, it works successfully when connected to other networks?

Message 3 of 6
aalvarad
Aspirant

My Orbi is only a router, it doesnt have a modem integrated. 

The brand of my modem is Arris SB8200

Message 4 of 6
aalvarad
Aspirant

Windows platform

and all works well except when I try establish the VPN to connect to my company network

Message 5 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

@aalvarad wrote:

My Orbi is only a router, it doesnt have a modem integrated. 

The brand of my modem is Arris SB8200

Thanks.  I was confused by the signature line that mentions "CBR40", which is the Orbi with the included cable modem.

The Arris SB8200 is "only a modem", which removes a number of possibilities.  (Good)

My approach would be to attempt to isolate the problem to either the PC or the VPN.

If this is a Windows laptop, I would attempt to connect from some other WiFi system.  (Desktops make that impractical.)

Another test is to connect to some other VPN.  All of the popular VPN's offer "Free Trials", that can be cancelled immediately.

The Windows firewall is a constant concern. We often see posts that "The Orbi port forwarding doesn't work," when the issue is that the Windows firewall is blocking connections.  If we knew which VPN software this is, maybe the User Manual offers suggestions about troubleshooting.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7