Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cant open apps on my LG smart tv after new router installed

SLBB
Follower

Cant open apps on my LG smart tv after new router installed

I can not open any apps on my smart tv after connecting to wifi orbi RBK22. my TV shows connected but no apps will open

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Cant open apps on my LG smart tv after new router installed

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Might contact the TV mfr and for help and information on the TV. Orbi should be directly impacting operation of apps on a TV. 

Message 2 of 7
Drfamulac
Aspirant

I had the same issue. The reason was because I was really using the device as an access point, and not a router. In the automated setup it defaulted to router mode. This caused issues because I already had my Verizon router and now and Orbi router. I couldn’t find how to change this in the orbi app, but in the web interface via a browser it was really easy to change from router mode to access point mode. Once I did this, I had great WiFi coverage and no strange issues with my phone or TV. I hope this helps. I forget the web address to get to orbi web admin page, but it is in the label of the router itself.
Message 3 of 7
Drfamulac
Aspirant

It looks like it is orbilogin.com. Look on router label. Once you get in there go through the menus and one of the options is to change to access point mode. You definitely don’t want two routers on a network, as it is problematic. Hope this helps. Sorry for the lack of details but hope it is enough to get it set up as an access point, which is what you want.
Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@SLBB wrote:

I can not open any apps on my smart tv after connecting to wifi orbi RBK22. my TV shows connected but no apps will open

Message 5 of 7
Drfamulac
Aspirant

This same thing happened to me and It was because the orbi was on router mode, not access point mode. Once I switched to access point mode, all works great. I had my original Verizon router in the basement doing the routing. I did the orbi auto set up and just assumed it would detect and make the orbi an access point. It didn’t, and I ended up with two routers on the network which isn’t good. Switch the orbi to access point (AP) mode and it will fix the issue.
Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

For future reference. 

This would be a double NAT condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge or modem only mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

@Drfamulac wrote:
This same thing happened to me and It was because the orbi was on router mode, not access point mode. Once I switched to access point mode, all works great. I had my original Verizon router in the basement doing the routing. I did the orbi auto set up and just assumed it would detect and make the orbi an access point. It didn’t, and I ended up with two routers on the network which isn’t good. Switch the orbi to access point (AP) mode and it will fix the issue.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7