Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do I enable Teredo for by Orbi Router?

dkalck
Aspirant

How do I enable Teredo for by Orbi Router?

My son can no longer hard to his xbox for gaming.  How do I enable teredo tunneling with Orbi?

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: How do I enable Teredo for by Orbi Router?

"My son can no longer hard to his xbox for gaming." Huh?

What is the Mfr and model# of the IP modem the Orbi is connected too?

Only thing thats needed is enable uPnP.

Set up the orbi like this:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-firmware-update-v2-1-4-16-availability/m-p/1592753/highli...

Theres 3 xbox ones connected here.

Setup IP address reservations for each game console. If you have more then one conole, set NAT Filter to Open.

Message 2 of 5
dkalck
Aspirant

Meant to say he can no longer hardwire to the internet with his xbox.  Wifi works fine but he get an error that has something to do with Teredo Tunneling.  My old router I used to be able to check a box to allow Teredo. Not sure how to do that with Orbi.

Message 3 of 5
dkalck
Aspirant

Modem is Motorola MB8600

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Might reset his xbox. Press the power button until it turns off. Connect a LAN cable between the router and xbox. Power ON and check to see if it gets an IP address. Make sure the xbox is not setup for a static IP address, use Auto IP addressing.

Check mark IPv6 to enable it on the orbi router if your ISP supports IPv6 natively.

Set up a IP address reservation for the xbox as well.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7