Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I need to connect 1 device to 2.4ghz and others can be 5ghz

Ctmangrum
Initiate

I need to connect 1 device to 2.4ghz and others can be 5ghz

So I have a Schlage wifi deadbolt that can only connect to 2.4ghz and everything else I have can use 5ghz. How can I use 2.4ghz for that device only. Using the smartconnect settings in the router automatically has everything try to connect to 5ghz. Am I able to pick
and choose? thanks.
Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: I need to connect 1 device to 2.4ghz and others can be 5ghz

The lock has only a 2.4G radio chip in it.  It cannot detect or connect to 5G.  It will connect to 2.4G automatically. You need do nothing.

Message 2 of 5
plemans
Guru

Are you having issues setting up the deadbolt? 

Not all apps are properly coded (schlage). Meaning for some you need to have your phone on the 2.4ghz during setup. 

You can disable the smart connect (leave the 2.4ghz with the same ssid as the network was prior). Connect your phone to the 2.4ghz and setup the deadbolt. Then re-enable smart connect. 

Everything should connect. 

Message 3 of 5
Ctmangrum
Initiate

appreciate it. The lock works fine except for the remote operation. I figured it had something to do with the smart connect when I saw the loc would connect when I turn it off then disconnect when I turn it on. Ill go through the steps you recommend.
Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

If you've already got it setup on wifi, then it shouldn't be a smart connect issue. 

Have you tried changing what channel the 2.4ghz is on? Maybe its an interference issue

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7