Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Orbi RBK40 bridging in a Macbook

flkin
Aspirant

Netgear Orbi RBK40 bridging in a Macbook

Hi all,

I've a new Orbi RBK40 which is 3 months old but somehow not able to get phone support so I'm asking here.

I've set up an Ethernet bridge in my Macbook (under settings, network, make a new bridge) and have connected my Internet router by Ethernet cable to the Macbook successfully. I now want to add the Orbi RBK40 to the Macbook via another Ethernet cable and get it connected to the bridge. Unfortunately the light shows purple and not white meaning it's not working as expected. Wifi from the Orbi doesn't work. Can the Orbi join a bridged network? If so how?

I don't want to connect the router to the Orbi and Orbi to the Macbook. This was my old setup and setting it this way works fine. I'm trying to force the Orbi and router to be on the same subnet in the bridge I setup in the Macbook.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Cheers, Kin
Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
flkin
Aspirant

Just found the answer myself and updating here to those in search for the same.

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH18510?locale=en_US

"Network bridging will not work when the physical network device used for bridging is a wireless device."

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
flkin
Aspirant

Just found the answer myself and updating here to those in search for the same.

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH18510?locale=en_US

"Network bridging will not work when the physical network device used for bridging is a wireless device."
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7