Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi IGMP BT Youview multicast IPTV

martyfp
Luminary

Re: Orbi IGMP BT Youview multicast IPTV

New 1.12.0.18 firmware solved the problem - I now have the Orbi in router mode and multicast is working Smiley Very Happy

Message 26 of 32
acapdu
Star

are you streaming bt tv in HD flawlessly ? And 4k ? 

I get 50Mbs on my phone, but the TV box connected to my orbi satellite does not allow me do have a decent stream in HD

Message 27 of 32
martyfp
Luminary

has been OK so far - 4k stuttered when I switched on BT-sport-4k but stabilised within seconds and was perfectly fine from then onwards.

My BT-TV is hardwired into the Orbit router with a cat6 cable.  I think it may struggle with 4K TV to the satellite - it's known not to work over powerline and BT recommend a direct connection to the router. 

Message 28 of 32
acapdu
Star

ok yes of course it works fine if you have a wire connection. I paid this price because it was supposed to stream 4K which is not really the case for live TV. It's fine with netflix though but not perfect

Message 29 of 32
martyfp
Luminary

@acapdu wrote:

ok yes of course it works fine if you have a wire connection. I paid this price because it was supposed to stream 4K which is not really the case for live TV. It's fine with netflix though but not perfect

I know that you mean, one would expect better for the money Smiley Frustrated- 4k streaming is OK.  I can stream netlfix 4k to the TV over wifi without any issue. However multicast over wifi is notoriously problematic.  It can work but it is "stuttery". 

fwiw - I invested in a super slim and long (15m?) cat6 cable which I could hide around the carpet edging, to the other end of a long living room to get to where the BT box sits.  it works a treat.

Message 30 of 32
acapdu
Star

Just upgraded the firmware and tested the bt test channel on my laptop, same issue. I don't understand why I can stream HD football game for free with no issue on russian websites and not use the BT TV decently for which I pay

Message 31 of 32
martyfp
Luminary

I am wondering if some additional QoS setup is required.... 

With the direct cat6 connection to the router, everything is very solid until there's heavy internet traffic (my son gaming on his PC, daughter streaming netflix).  I then start to get serious breakups on HD channels.  I did not have before with the HH5 as a router, even the 4k stream was as solid as anything no matter what,

I need to look at the QoS settings to see what can be done.   Getting p'd off with this.  

Message 32 of 32
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 31 replies
  • 11 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7