Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Mesh Setup Based In Guest House - Will Satelites Cover Main House?

taperanger
Initiate

Orbi Mesh Setup Based In Guest House - Will Satelites Cover Main House?

I am moving into a house that has a detached guest unit. I want to setup an Orbi with 3 satellites. I want my internet connection and modem to be based in this guess unit so I can use the wired connection.

I would then have the 3 satellites spread through the main house. There is approximately 10 feet between the guest unit and the location of the first satellite (in another bedroom). However there are two exterior walls and an air gap inbewteen.

What I was hoping to find out from someone who is experienced with these systems is whether or not the signal will likely maintain it's speed (100 mbps) throughout the main house if the modem and connection are being broadcast from a detached guest unit.

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Mesh Setup Based In Guest House - Will Satelites Cover Main House?

Possibly will work. You would have to test it out. Distances between router and satellite should be about 30 feet minimum, depending upon building materials as well. 

Message 2 of 4
taperanger
Initiate

Just following up on this in case anyone else is interested in knowing.

This worked perfectly. Good 5ghz connections to each satelite and full 120Mbit coverage throughout 3,000 sf home.

Router is in detached guest unit with first satelite approximately 45-50 feet away through 3 walls.

Only been a month but very impressed with this system so far.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. Glad its' working.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7