Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK30 + Virgin Superhub 2

diodorus
Guide

Orbi RBK30 + Virgin Superhub 2

Hello!

I currently have a Virgin media superhub 2, and I am thinking of buying a Orbi RBK30.

I understand that one option would be to put the Superhub in modem-only mode, and put the Orbi in router mode.

The other option is to switch off the wi-fi on the Superhub, and put the Orbi in router mode. My question is: in this scenario, will I be able to use all the spare six ethernet ports on *both* the Superhub (3 spare ports) and Orbi (3 spare ports)?

Thanks,

diodorus

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
NickC4555
Star

Re: Orbi RBK30 + Virgin Superhub 2

All of the above. In this configuration, your Virgin box is the DHCP server which allocates IP addresses to all of the devices on the network, regardless of whether they are wired to the router or the Orbi, or wirelessly to the Orbi.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
diodorus
Guide

Ps: I meant "The other option is to switch off the wi-fi on the Superhub, and put the Orbi in *AP* mode."
Message 2 of 7
NickC4555
Star

Yes you will, I have the same setup, but with a Virgin Hub 3. The connected devices list on the Orbi control panel won't show the ones connected to the router, you'll have to use the Virgin admin screen for that.

Message 3 of 7
diodorus
Guide

Thanks. And they will be on the same local network, right?

For example: if I have the smart TV wired to the SuperHub router, can I cast to it from my phone (connected wirelessly to the Orbis wi-fi)? 

Or if my PC is wired to the SuperHub router, and a NAS wired to Orbis, will accessing the NAS from that PC use (virgin media) internet allowance?

Message 4 of 7
NickC4555
Star

All of the above. In this configuration, your Virgin box is the DHCP server which allocates IP addresses to all of the devices on the network, regardless of whether they are wired to the router or the Orbi, or wirelessly to the Orbi.

Message 5 of 7
diodorus
Guide

"The connected devices list on the Orbi control panel won't show the ones connected to the router, you'll have to use the Virgin admin screen for that."

FYI, I bought it, and on the Orbi control panel I actually also see the devices connected to the Virgin router.

Message 6 of 7
NickC4555
Star

I'm glad it worked for you. Odd that you see all the devices and I don't.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7