Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK44 and Spectrum cable modem

SaugertiesWiFi
Follower

Orbi RBK44 and Spectrum cable modem

Just got my Orbi RBK44 system yesterday. I've tried several times with different ethernet cables to get my Orbi to get an internet connection from the Spectrum modem. No luck. The Orbi and the 3 satellites are all talking to each other--awesome bandwidth--but no internet connection! I  tried resetting the router several times also--still no luck...

Am I missing something?? HELP!

Spectrum modemSpectrum modem

Model: RBK44| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
Chuck_M
Mentor

Re: Orbi RBK44 and Spectrum cable modem

Need some information first....

What is the make/model of the modem or router you are trying to plug into Orbi?

What mode are you running Orbi in (router or AP?)

Are you plugging your modem into the yellow WAN port?

If your modem is JUST a modem (and not a router), you very well may want to reboot everything starting with the modem first, then Orbi, then your PC.

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

@SaugertiesWiFi wrote:

Just got my Orbi RBK44 system yesterday. I've tried several times with different ethernet cables to get my Orbi to get an internet connection from the Spectrum modem. No luck. The Orbi and the 3 satellites are all talking to each other--awesome bandwidth--but no internet connection! I  tried resetting the router several times also--still no luck...

Am I missing something?? HELP!

Spectrum modemSpectrum modem

Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

@SaugertiesWiFi wrote:

Just got my Orbi RBK44 system yesterday. I've tried several times with different ethernet cables to get my Orbi to get an internet connection from the Spectrum modem. No luck. The Orbi and the 3 satellites are all talking to each other--awesome bandwidth--but no internet connection! I  tried resetting the router several times also--still no luck.

Did rebooting the Spectrum modem solve the problem?  Also, have you tried connecting a computer directly to the modem, or reconnecting whatever Wi-Fi that was previously working?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7