Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 Warranty Period?

zmon
Guide

Orbi RBR50 Warranty Period?

Hey all, bought an RBR50 back in May of 2019 from Amazon directly. Was checking my account today and noticed it said all of my warranty has expired for it, even though the Netgear site says the RBR50 has a 1 year warranty from purchase date. I'm not even given an option to contact support about it since it's expired. Little confused on what to do about that. I don't really forsee needing to warranty it, but it's a bit odd that warranty only lasted 90 days?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
zmon
Guide

Re: Orbi RBR50 Warranty Period?

Errrr, can't edit my post, but it's actually the RBK50 (the one with the two points).

Message 2 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

The warranty is 1 year.  There are 90 days of "free telephone support" directly from Netgear.  If the product "fails" between 90 days and 1 year, there is a mechanism to request an RMA ("Return Material Authorization?) and have it replaced.

My Orbi is WELL past 1 year, so I personally have not investigated (a) how to "prove" that the product has failed, or (b) how to get ahold of Netgear to have it replaced.

Fortunately, Amazon keeps records forever so you can establish when it was purchased if you need to in the next five months.

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 4 of 7
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @zmon

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

Newly purchased products have 90 days of Support available for free. If you are outside the complimentary 90 days technical support period but within the hardware warranty (1 year) you may contact support for limited assistance with a hardware check. You can also post a question on our community forums and get assistance from other knowledgeable users at https://community.netgear.com/

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 5 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

Thanks for clarifying the support stages.  Can you describe how a person contacts support for that "limited assistance with a hardware check"?

Message 6 of 7
zmon
Guide

@Blanca_O 

Unfortunately, the hardware check is missing even though I am in the 1 year hardware warranty so I can't contact support about it at all. I have no issue with the router, I just noticed it when I was adding another router to my account.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7