Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi in AP Mode. Can’t find the admin screen in the .com or net or use the Orbi app

MaxLee2220
Aspirant

Orbi in AP Mode. Can’t find the admin screen in the .com or net or use the Orbi app

Placed the Orbi in AP mode. After hitting apply I can’t log back into the admin .com or .net screen. I restarted the computer and all.

And the Orbi app doesn’t pick up the Orbi on WiFi. The WiFi seems to be working just fine. The satellite doesn’t seem to be helping the modem. And can’t check any settings.

I have reseted the system and it will work on modem not AP. Don’t know what to do.
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi in AP Mode. Can’t find the admin screen in the .com or net or use the Orbi app

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Look at your hosts connected clients list. See if the Orbi IP address appears there. Can you access this IP address in a PC and web browser? 

Is the LAN cable connected to the WAN port of the Orbi Base unit with the main host router? 

Make sure your devices are connecting to the Wifi or LAN ports on the Orbi system and not a different wifi source. 

@MaxLee2220 wrote:
Placed the Orbi in AP mode. After hitting apply I can’t log back into the admin .com or .net screen. I restarted the computer and all.

And the Orbi app doesn’t pick up the Orbi on WiFi. The WiFi seems to be working just fine. The satellite doesn’t seem to be helping the modem. And can’t check any settings.

I have reseted the system and it will work on modem not AP. Don’t know what to do.

Message 2 of 10
ekhalil
Master

Re: Orbi in AP Mode. Can’t find the admin screen in the .com or net or use the Orbi app

- Can't you login to orbilogin.com from a wired or wireless devices or both? Please note that when in AP Mode you can't reach orbilogin.com from a wired device to the router but you should be able to use it from wireless devices as well as wired devices to the satellite.

- Have you tried to login using the Orbi IP address instead? You need to check the IP address assigned to Orbi by the ISP router in the ISP router.

Message 3 of 10
MaxLee2220
Aspirant

I have only tried to log on to orbilogon.com/.net from the computer (wireless on the orbi WiFi). Worked before I put the orbi on AP. Now it won’t find it.

I tried to login with the 10. Website and 192. One but zero results.
Message 4 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem or router the NG router is connected too?

Try a reboot of the ISP modem or main host router then power OFF The Orbi for 10 seconds then back ON. 

Check to see that your devices are getting an IP address. 

@MaxLee2220 wrote:
I have only tried to log on to orbilogon.com/.net from the computer (wireless on the orbi WiFi). Worked before I put the orbi on AP. Now it won’t find it.

I tried to login with the 10. Website and 192. One but zero results.

Message 5 of 10
MaxLee2220
Aspirant

Arris bgw210,
Message 6 of 10
CrimpOn
Guru

I think what people are suggesting is that when the Orbi is acting as a router, it gets an IP address for its Wide Area Network (WAN) port from the ISP and then assigns itself an IP address on the Local Area Network (LAN) side.  This is usually 192.168.1.1.  When a user tries to connect to "orbilogon.com", that name gets translated into that regular IP address.  When operating in AP mode, the Orbi no longer assigns itself 192.168.1.1, so trying to connect to that IP address fails.  The goal is to figure out what IP address the Orbi has been given and tell the app or web browser to connect to that IP address.

If you can access the administrative function of the ISP router, you can look in the router tables and see which device is the Orbi.

Another method is to open up a "network scanner" and have it scan all the IP addresses on your LAN.  Most scanners these days report every active IP address that they find and also list the manufacturer of the Ethernet module in the device.  If one IP is labelled "Netgear", that is likely the Orbi.

Hope this is helpful.

Message 7 of 10
MaxLee2220
Aspirant

Used a IP scanner and found the orbi. Had a different IP address. Now it shows me a picture of the intent to the router to the orbi satellite(is that the modem or the satellite).

How do I know that the satellite is working.
Message 8 of 10
CrimpOn
Guru

I think the short answer is: since the Orbi app shows the Internet (modem) connected to the router and connected to the satellite, and they all have green dots next to them, then the app believes "all is good."  Click (tap?) on the green dot, and it will show which devices are connected to the router or to the satellite.

I just installed the Orbi app this afternoon to see what people are talking about.  With these darn web apps, every tiny picture on the screen is something that can be tapped to bring up information.  (I am more confident with the web interface.)

Message 9 of 10

@MaxLee2220 wrote:
Used a IP scanner and found the orbi. Had a different IP address.

You should be able to connect to the IP address of the Orbi and use that as a way into its management graphical user interface (GUI).

I have the Orbi in AP mode, connected to an R7800 router, and have set it to a fixed IP address. Then I don't have to hunt around for the IP address when I want to get into the thing.

Generally, though, I use the Android Orbi app to see what is going on and the browser to do fancy stuff. Either will show how the satellite fits into the picture.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7