Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi in AP mode and IP TV connected with ethernet cable to satellite

cdricc
Tutor

Orbi in AP mode and IP TV connected with ethernet cable to satellite

Hi everybody,

I'm new to Orbi, I installed a RBK50 in AP mode. The main RBR is connected to the ISP box. The satellite RBS is at another location. Several devices are attached with a cable to the satellite.

Everything is working nicely, both wifi and ethernet devices, except one thing: I can't get my IP TV to work when plugged to the satellite. The image displays and then it freezes after 1 or 2 seconds.

This TV box requires a cable connection, I can't use wifi. I also don't have the possibility to connect the TV box to the router, it has to be the satellite.

Can somebody help me and tell we what's going wrong ?

I updated the firmware (router+satellite) to the latest: 2.0.0.74.

For information I live in Belgium and the provider is Proximus.

Thanks,

Cédric

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3
SBM7815
Initiate

Re: Orbi in AP mode and IP TV connected with ethernet cable to satellite

I have a similar setup and the issue was the Satellite constantly disconnecting. This problem only started with patch 2.0.0.74 for myself and many other people. Luckily, they just released 2.1.1.12  and you can upgrade manually if you want or wait until they make it automatic. You'll be able to see the status of your backhaul connection and determine if you need to place your satellite in a different spot. Things seem like they are back to normal for me, but I guess I'll be watching it over the next few days.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK50.aspx#download

Message 2 of 3
cdricc
Tutor

Re: Orbi in AP mode and IP TV connected with ethernet cable to satellite

Thanks for this quick answer.

I noticed it freezes randomly after a few seconds, sometimes 1-2 seconds, sometimes 30 seconds... Then I change to another channel so that it unblocks, and a few seconds later... next freeze.

I'll wait for the automatic update and cross fingers hoping it effectively solves this issue.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7