Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi satellites not on manual update page

basysaz
Tutor

Orbi satellites not on manual update page

My RBK40 Orbi Router shows up on the Firmware Update page, but my two RBW30 satellites do not show up on the Manual Updates page - though they're both online and working nominally.  What's up with that?  

Enclosed photos: Router homepage showing 2 satellites operating; basic firmware update screen showing router; manual update screen with no satellites displayed.

Orbi2.pngOrbi3.pngOrbi1.png

Model: RBW30| Orbi Wall Plug Satellite
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi satellites not on manual update page

Have you tried to enter the IP address of those satellites into your web browser this should allow you to update them from there.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
basysaz
Tutor

Re: Orbi satellites not on manual update page

This morning I got a notification on the iPad Orbi app that updates were available so I clicked to apply them; results appeared OK after downolading, updating firmeare, rebooting, etc.  The first update was for RBW30 satellites, then there were two more for the RBR30 router.  All appeared to be OK.

Then looking at the router home page with a browser, I saw that one of my two satellites had updated, the other hadn't.  I was able to find out the IP address (connected items list) and looged into the non-updated satellite, downloaded the 2.1.2.6_1.0.12.chk file and applied it manually.  The update appeared to take and the system is all up to date.  

Previously I'd tried to apply both updates through the Admin->Firmware update page but that didn't work.  At least it's now done.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7