Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PSN Proxy server issue

Nickgarcia10
Follower

PSN Proxy server issue

I’m having trouble with my new Orbi router. I’ve tried to connect my PlayStation to the router but it says an error occurred. (Cannot Connect to the Internet CE-33991-5) that is the error code. I tried manually setting it up and changing the MTU settings to 1472 instead of 1500 and it still won’t work. I can’t update any games to play them or anything. I was assuming it didn’t let me because I chose the option to not use a proxy server but I’m not sure what the address is but I think the port number is 8080. Someone please advise me if possible. Thank you.
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: PSN Proxy server issue

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

You'll need to check with Sony on what those codes mean for you. 

Message 2 of 6
Bustamanteemili
Aspirant

How do i connect. My wifi at&t box to my play station3
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Contact Sony for help and information regarding there product. 

@Bustamanteemili wrote:

Message 4 of 6
vajim
Master

@Bustamanteemili wrote:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-Playstation-Network-Connection-Issue/td-p/1914486

disregard Message 2 of 2 in the link

Message 5 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

@Nickgarcia10 wrote:
I’m having trouble with my new Orbi router. I’ve tried to connect my PlayStation to the router but it says an error occurred. (Cannot Connect to the Internet CE-33991-5) that is the error code. I tried manually setting it up and changing the MTU settings to 1472 instead of 1500 and it still won’t work. I can’t update any games to play them or anything. I was assuming it didn’t let me because I chose the option to not use a proxy server but I’m not sure what the address is but I think the port number is 8080. Someone please advise me if possible. Thank you.

The choice not to use a proxy server was almost certainly correct.

This article describes many steps to resolving this error:

https://thedroidguy.com/ps4-ce-33991-5-error-1150688 

Sony did not do much to identify "what is wrong" with this generic error message.i.e. it can be

• The the PlayStation network itself is down.
  • That the PlayStation cannot connect to the local network.
  • That DNS entries are not being resolved quickly enough.
  • and lots of other things.

Does every other device on the network function correctly?  If so, it is not the Orbi.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7