Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK20 unable to connect to Unifi (Malaysia)

Marlboro123
Tutor

RBK20 unable to connect to Unifi (Malaysia)

Hi,

I just received my RBK20 and had it setup up bae on Melvin's post (https://melvinchng.github.io/orbi/setup.html#step-8a-setup-vlan-id-unifi-user).

After setting it up, the RBR20 is not able to connect to Unifi.

(I've updated it to the latest firmware of V2.5.1.16)

I am very sure the Unifi password is correct as I requested Unifi to reset it and I applied the new password to my old TP-Link router and it works. Hence password issue is eliminated.

It seems there is a "Unifi Malaysia DHCP" selection in VLAN rule.

Should I use this instead off the "VLAN ID :500 Priority : 1" as mentioned in Melvin's post ? Anyway, I've tried it and it doesn't work as well.

In addition, I noticed that whenever I change the VLAN parameter to "Unifi Malaysia DHCP", the "Does your internet connection require a login ?" will reset back to "No"

Thank you in advance for replies.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
Marlboro123
Tutor

Re: RBK20 unable to connect to Unifi (Malaysia)

someone mentioned older firmware was workable.

can I downgrade mr RBR20 firmware from V2.5.1.16 to few versions back ?

say... v2.1.2.18 ?

will this brick the router ??

Message 2 of 4
Marlboro123
Tutor

Tried reverting the firmware to v2.1.2.18 but still can't connect to ISP

Any help would be appreciated
Message 3 of 4
lhoward
Aspirant

I have all the same issues. I’ve tried using the app and web to access the router, which I can do fine. I can see the satellites. My unifi login and password are correct. I updated the firmware to v2.5.1.16 and added the vlan tag. Still no internet connection. I tried adding a fixed dns address. I can plug my old TM router in and get internet straight away. I can’t work out what to do next. Any advice is appreciated.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7