Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

UK/US Compatability RBS50

jdstephe
Tutor

UK/US Compatability RBS50

Hi all, does anyone know if a UK RBS50 woud connect and be compatible with a US RBR50 and RBS50?

I recently returned to the UK after living in the USA where I purchased and RBR50/RBS50.

I would like to add an extra RBS50 satellite to my system, but wasn;t sure if there would be any connectivity issues.

The old system is working flawlessly in my new home here, despite the firmward seemingly "locked" to a US region.

Any advice/perspectives would be appreciated.

James.

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: UK/US Compatability RBS50

Don't know for sure. In most cases I presume they should IF the firmware loaded on the RBS is the same as loaded on the host RBR...Can't say much more than this...

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: UK/US Compatability RBS50

@jdstephe wrote:

Hi all, does anyone know if a UK RBS50 woud connect and be compatible with a US RBR50 and RBS50?

I recently returned to the UK after living in the USA where I purchased and RBR50/RBS50.

I would like to add an extra RBS50 satellite to my system, but wasn;t sure if there would be any connectivity issues.

The old system is working flawlessly in my new home here, despite the firmward seemingly "locked" to a US region.

Will work.  By the way, there are some differences in WiFi regulations which make it a good idea to change the Region setting.

Here is a post about how to do that:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-RKB53-global-differences/m-p/1736104#M59059 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7