Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi keeps dropping

adenzxc
Aspirant

Wifi keeps dropping

My Wi Fi has been disconnecting every day for the past 5 days. My current router firmware version is 

V2.6.2.104. I don't know much about internet/wifi settings, hence have not tweaked anything. I have tried rebooting and hard resetting the router to fix it temporarily, but the next day it will lose connection again. Is there something wrong with the firmware version? My internet service provider says my connection hasn't been lost to the modem. It is really getting on my nerves as I am working from home. It was not this unstable in the past, and it really sucks to have the router replaced after spending so much.
Any help would be really appreciated, thank you!

Model Version: RBR20
Firmware: V2.6.2.104

Regards,
Aden 
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
svetaketu
Luminary

Re: Wifi keeps dropping

Hi @adenzxc,

No worries. Glad to help out.

There are different ways NG can do the update:

• Your router normally checks for new FW in the early hours of the morning - 3am i think. Once your router detects the new FW, then it automatically updates it if you set it to allow automatic updates.
  • or, if a new FW is available, it will show it as a banner on your App or on the GUI, and you have the choice to update or not.
  • or, there are also times where it will only show when you manually press the check new /latest FW from the App or GUI.
  • and last would be a manual FW update by downloading from the website.

All of these are depending on the situation. Sometimes they will just make the FW available to only a select number of units for a few weeks, then will make it available to all units eventually. ***thats why you'll sometimes see some users here in the community getting the latest FW but some do not.

Hope the latest FW fixes your issue.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
svetaketu
Luminary

Hi @adenzxc,

You mentioned that you did not change anything on the settings.

• How about any new devices that you added to your network - new phone, wireless speakers, etc.?
  • Have you moved any wireless device near your router or satellite? These wireless devices could cause interference to your wifi signal.
  • Have you recently enabled Armor or Circle?
  • Can you try upgrading to the latest FW v2.7.3.22 - https://kb.netgear.com/000063822/RBR20-RBS20-Firmware-Version-2-7-3-22 and see if it will fix your issue?

Hope that helps.

Message 2 of 4
adenzxc
Aspirant

Hi svetaketu,

Thanks for the prompt response. None for the above questions.I'll try a manual update to FW. 

May i check if you know the reason why the firmware was not updated upon reboot/hard reset?

Untitled.jpg

Message 3 of 4
svetaketu
Luminary

Hi @adenzxc,

No worries. Glad to help out.

There are different ways NG can do the update:

• Your router normally checks for new FW in the early hours of the morning - 3am i think. Once your router detects the new FW, then it automatically updates it if you set it to allow automatic updates.
  • or, if a new FW is available, it will show it as a banner on your App or on the GUI, and you have the choice to update or not.
  • or, there are also times where it will only show when you manually press the check new /latest FW from the App or GUI.
  • and last would be a manual FW update by downloading from the website.

All of these are depending on the situation. Sometimes they will just make the FW available to only a select number of units for a few weeks, then will make it available to all units eventually. ***thats why you'll sometimes see some users here in the community getting the latest FW but some do not.

Hope the latest FW fixes your issue.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7