Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

configure Hitron CODA 4582U bridge mode with ORBI

RV078
Aspirant

configure Hitron CODA 4582U bridge mode with ORBI

Hi there

I'm attempting to configure my 4582U to use my ORBI as an access point.

However, when I turn off the residential gateway on my 4582U (to stop wifi broadcasting), the ORBI no longer picks up the internet (even though if I directly connect the ethernet cable into my computer it works well).

Maybe I'm using the wrong port on the 4582?

Do I have to change the orbi to an access point?

THanks in advance

Kumar

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: configure Hitron CODA 4582U bridge mode with ORBI

If your bridging and disabling the ISP modem gateway, then leave the Orbi router in Router mode, no need to change to AP modem. 

AP mode is if you leave the ISP modem in Router mode, then you can change the Orbi to AP mode. 

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly. Orbi would be in router mode here.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode. 
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. ISP modem would be in router mode here. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

@RV078 wrote:

Hi there

However, when I turn off the residential gateway on my 4582U (to stop wifi broadcasting), the ORBI no longer picks up the internet (even though if I directly connect the ethernet cable into my computer it works well).

THanks in advance

Kumar

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: configure Hitron CODA 4582U bridge mode with ORBI

Any progress on this? Just checking...

@RV078 wrote:

Hi there

THanks in advance

Kumar

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7