× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Create Port Based VLAN

eclcm
Aspirant

Create Port Based VLAN

Hello everybody, I am trying to create something like port based vlan on a gs748t since it does not seem to support port based vlans. What I want to achieve is to have multiple port groups isolated from each other.

I tried taking port 3-8 and set them to vlanid 178, then also assigning them pvid 178 but it does not seem to work.

GS748Tv5_vlan_membership.jpg

GS748Tv5_vlan_port_pvid_configuration.jpg

I have been trying for hours and I am really at loss here. Somebody got a clue?

Model: GS748Tv5|ProSafe 48 ports Gigabit Smart switch
Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: Create Port Based VLAN

With g3..g8 not member of any other LAN (check the all), this looks Ok to me.. 

For a DMZ, and considering you might use the switch for different security zones, I would suggest to allow untagged frames.type for these ports only, instead of admit all.

Can the problem you facing more related to the router, port forwarding, or the like?

Message 2 of 4
eclcm
Aspirant

There is also no port forwarding involved, I directly connected a cable from the router to the port. See this more as a propetarian DMZ, g3 to g8 as a standalone switch.

g3 to g8 are not part of any other LAN. I can not select untagged only since this option does not exist.

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

@eclcm wrote:

See this more as a propetarian DMZ, g3 to g8 as a standalone switch.

Yes, this is what is configured now.

@eclcm wrote:

g3 to g8 are not part of any other LAN.

OK, this makes up a dedicated network (except of STP/RSTP which does span al VLANs)

@eclcm wrote:

I can not select untagged only since this option does not exist.

Correct - ignore my bad advise, sorry please.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements