× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FS728 Firmware vunerability 5.2.0.39

supertramp4
Aspirant

FS728 Firmware vunerability 5.2.0.39

Hi,

Over 6 months ago, i raised a support case NETGEAR Support Case #26454088, highlighting a security issue with the product, and i am shocked, that still there are no firmware updates available to close this issue.

I no longer have access to support ( as netgear closed the case automatically ), but wondered if someone from netgear is able to provide any further insite  on progress  [CVE-2013-4775, CVE-2013-4776]

Model: FS728TPv2|ProSafe Smartswitch with 24 ports PoE
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: FS728 Firmware vunerability 5.2.0.39

Hi supertramp4,

I believe there is already a beta firmware for the Vulnerability CVE-2013-4775 just recently.  You may want to give it a try and it might help.  Since your support warranty has expired, you want to try the NETGEAR Chat Support here and ask for assistance.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi supertramp4,

I believe there is already a beta firmware for the Vulnerability CVE-2013-4775 just recently.  You may want to give it a try and it might help.  Since your support warranty has expired, you want to try the NETGEAR Chat Support here and ask for assistance.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi supertramp4,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Were you able to ask assistance from the NETGEAR Chat Support about your concern? 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 5
supertramp4
Aspirant

Hi DaneA,

Yes, I was able to contact support who provided Beta Firmware 5.0.2.44. A Re-scan of our network with our vunerability scanner has confirmed the security problem is resolved.

Thanks again for your assistance

Chris

Message 4 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi supertramp4,

That's great! 🙂  I'm happy to know that NETGEAR Support was able to help you and the problem is now resolved. 😄

Since your concern has been resolved, kindly mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements