× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS108Tv2/GS110TP - how to delete the default VLAN 2 and VLAN 3 (Voice and Auto-video)?

dpopov
Follower

GS108Tv2/GS110TP - how to delete the default VLAN 2 and VLAN 3 (Voice and Auto-video)?

I am trying to add a GS108v2 and a GS110TP to my network but they both come with VLAN ID 2 (Voice VLAN) and VLAN ID 3 (Auto-video) already created. The Web UI doesn't allow me to change or delete them (both switches have the latest firmware -5.4.2.36)

This is a huge problem for me, because my network already has VLAN ID 2 and 3 (used by non-voice devices) and these are configured in too many places, so changing the IDs is not an option.

My concern is that mixing my existing  VLANs 2 and 3 with Voice and Auto-Video could cause problems, since Voice and Auto-Video get some special treatment by the switch.

Is there any way where I can delete or at least change the VLAN IDs for these default VLANs?

DefaultVLANs.JPG

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS108Tv2/GS110TP - how to delete the default VLAN 2 and VLAN 3 (Voice and Auto-video)?

To my knowledge: No, you can't delete these VLANs, specifically neither 1, 2, and 3. Avoid using these VLAN-IDs on your network if you want to stay away from the special usage scenario Netgear has in mind.

Depending on the switch models you still have >1000 or >4000 VLAN IDs available.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements