× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

MS510TXM firmware version?

tigo13
Guide

MS510TXM firmware version?

What happened to firmware version 1.0.5.12 for the MS510TXM?

Back in mid-march, I had received an email from Netgear advising the release of firmware 1.0.5.12, with the below details. I updated the firmware back then, and since had been running it. However, I have just checked the support page for the switch and they're back to 1.0.5.10 and have completely removed 1.0.5.12! Does anyone know what happened? Should I revert back to 1.0.5.10, or stick with 1.0.5.12?

Thanks,

Model MS510TXM
Firmware Version: 1.0.5.12
Release notes:

MS510TXM and MS510TXUP Firmware version 1.0.5.12

Bug Fixes

This firmware addresses the following bugs:

• Fixes an issue where you cannot exclude ports from the voice VLAN using the Insight Cloud Portal or Insight app.

Message 1 of 6
AnishaA
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: MS510TXM firmware version?

Hello @tigo13 ,

And welcome to the NETGEAR Community! 🙂

Are you facing any issues with the switch after updating the firmware version?

If you are receiving the email then the firmware is upgraded and it is fine to upgrade the version. 

Usually, the technical team gets the update for the firmware version and then they update it on the support page. There might be some reason that would be delayed updating the firmware on the support page.

Have you seen that it is updated and reverted back if yes please tell we will check from our end if not it may take some time I also can notice that the current version on the support page is 1.0.5.10 version is available?

If you face any issues then downgrade the version to the previous one. If not there is no harm with using the upgraded one.

If your issue is resolved please close the thread by clicking "Accept as solution".

Have a lovely day, 
Anisha A
Netgear Team 

Message 2 of 6
tigo13
Guide

Hello @AnishaA ,

I haven't noticed any issues with version 1.0.5.12, since updating the swtich back in mid-march. Based on Netgears' email the update was to resolve a bug with "Fixes an issue where you cannot exclude ports from the voice VLAN using the Insight Cloud Portal or Insight app.", something that I hadn't encountered myself. 

My query was to learn what happened to the update, - i.e., why was it removed from the website? Then, I guess will they be re-releasing it or another version anytime soon?

It's strange for me that the update was taken down without any notification regarding its removal, and there's no information of a future update.

Thanks,

Message 3 of 6
AnishaA
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @tigo13,

We are not sure about the revoke. We will check from our end. As you have mentioned the portal still has the 1.0.5.10 version.

As far as you don't have an issue you can keep using the latest version but if you feel like any issues you can revert to the older version for your better.

But since it is revoked from the portal we would suggest you use the old version and once the portal updated the new version again you can upgrade to the latest one.

Have a lovely day, 
Anisha A
Netgear Team 

Message 4 of 6
glynor
Aspirant

FWIW, I found this thread when searching and wondering the exact same thing. My switches are on 1.0.5.12 seemingly without issue. But if the build was pulled due to a security issue or something similar, it would be good to know...

Message 5 of 6
tigo13
Guide

Seeing that they haven't published it again - I had assumed that there was something faulty with it, and reverted my switches to 1.0.5.10 - simply following the latest firmware available at their support site. I don't think they'll issue another .12 - perhaps a further later version - later on.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements