× Get free training on Switching for AV over IP and receive AVIXA Credits. Sign up at NETGEAR.academy

Dante and NDI not working on same GS728TPPv2 switch

shosho27
Aspirant

Dante and NDI not working on same GS728TPPv2 switch

Does anyone know why this is happening when I have NDI and Dante on the same switch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYyZgeqf9oM

Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Re: Dante and NDI not working on same GS728TPPv2 switch

Using dedicated VLANs for both workflows?

Message 2 of 5
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Thank you for your message here. I am sorry to be the messenger here, but Dante and NDI are not approved to work "concurrently" on any other switch than M4250, M4300 and M4500. I believe you already did today, please reach out to the NETGEAR Pro AV Engineering Services team (ProAVDesign@netgear.com) to explore other ways here. NDI uses mDNS for the payload, so does Dante for its control/management. But Dante needs IGMP for the multicast payload, which can conflict with Bonjour in some instances.  

At NETGEAR we have worked with Audinate and NewTek closely for best practices and/or certification process on M series above. That's why we advise these Pro AV switches for this type of applications. You can see everything we are doing here: www.netgear.com/proav

If possible, please go with M4250 series - the first one in the series is the cost-effective M4250-10G2F-PoE (GSM4212P). You will configure it in two clicks for Video (NDI) and Audio (Dante) using the built-in AV profiles that are certified to work for your AV application, as explained here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuZGkana3sA

Please let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Message 3 of 5
shosho27
Aspirant

I need 24 ports so what do you recommend?  The data will go from a training center switch, to a auditorium that has NDI cameras to a Netgear
XS724EM - 24-Port 10-Gigabit/Multi-Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Plus Switch where the Vmix machine resides.  Do I need two of those switches?

Model: GSM4328PB|M4300-28G-PoE+ - 24x1G PoE+ Stackable Managed Switch with 2x10GBASE-T and 2xSFP+ (1000W PSU)
Message 4 of 5
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Hi,

I think yes, but with 10G uplinks for the bandwidth so likely the M4250-10G2XF-PoE+ (GSM4212PX's). Unfortunately the other switch isn't approved either for NDI flowing to the VMix there. You really need to design your whole architecture with capable switchers for NDI here. I'm going to give a heads-up to the team in the US, please reach out to ProAVDesign@netgear.com and let them ask all their questions (how many streams, overall topology, interconnect, etc.). This team will help you design and configure a network that will work.

Regards,
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

AV over IP Switches by NETGEAR