× Get free training on Switching for AV over IP and receive AVIXA Credits. Sign up at NETGEAR.academy

change profiles on SFP slot

fleggett
Aspirant

change profiles on SFP slot

I have a M4250 10G and I wanted to configure the second SFP slot to the NDI Profile I have for other ports. At present it is on the default VLAN 1 and I want to change it to VLAN 2.

I went into the Profiles tab and selected VLAN 2 and clicked edit then ticked the second SFP slot then APPLY. I then clicked Save at the top. The profile change though isn't being saved and when I now click on the Profiles tab it is not listing any of the 2 Profiles. After a reboot or a power down the switch is back to having the 2nd SFP slot on the default VLAN 1 and not VLAN 2 as applied and saved.

Message 1 of 5
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Re: change profiles on SFP slot

Hi @fleggett ,

Sorry about this issue. With latest 13.0.2.34 https://www.netgear.com/support/product/GSM4212PX.aspx#download software, Auto-Trunk should automatically place the uplinks connected to another switch in Trunk mode with Native/PVID = VLAN 1 and other VLANs/profiles in trunk/tagged mode. Not sure what is connected on that port, please export the Tech Support file out of this switch (AV UI: Diagnostics\Support Diagnostic) and send it @ ProAVDesign@netgear.com please. The team will detect what's wrong and help you fix it. 

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
fleggett
Aspirant

I have updated to the latest firmware and I still can't update the profile of the 2nd SFP slot. I select the profile I want, tick the SFP 2 slot and press APPLY. The screen washes out and I get the processing wheel animation but the pop window doesn't disappear and when I press cancel I can no longer ping the switch.

My connections at present:

VLAN 2 (NDI 5, Dante)

Ports 1 - 8 and SFP 1(Port 11)

VLAN 1

Ports 0 - 10 and SFP 2 (Port 12)

I would like to move SFP 2 (Port 12 ) onto VLAN 2

I have tried doing this via the AV GUI and it didn't work.

I have instead used the Standard GUI and gone to Switching/VLAN Membership and selected the ports I want on the VLANs I want and saved.

Now on the AV GUI if I hover over Port 12 SFP 2 it does say VLAN 2 in the info but if I go to PROFILES it isn't listed and when I reboot the NDI traffic no longer parses through port 12.

Message 3 of 5
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

hi @fleggett ,

Again, sorry about this issue! Yes, configuring the switch on both sides (IT GUI, and AV UI) can lead to such mismatch or conflict - only one interface should be used for VLANs related settings. The AV UI is manupulating concepts (Profiles) that the IT GUI isn't aware of. I am afraid the conflict cannot be resolved by the AV UI  on its own now.  Can you send your tech-support file to ProAVDesign@netgear.com (email) so that the team can take a look. If you are using the IT GUI, you can do this in Maintenance\Export\HTTP File Export\Tech-support in the dropdown menu list. We are most likely going to help you during a call, with a factory reset and a configuration in the AV UI only, step by step.

Thank you,

Message 4 of 5
fleggett
Aspirant

I have sent the tech support file to the email address supplied and put a link to this discussion page.

I must mention that it was only after using the AV GUI and not being able to set the profile on the SFP port that I then did it via the Main GUI.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

AV over IP Switches by NETGEAR