Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Trouble Setting Up Backups

ReadyJoe
Tutor

Trouble Setting Up Backups

Previous thread background reference

In the previous thread it was determined that once a backup stops you can not restart it. You have to delete it and set it up again.

I have a test folder that I set up as a backup. It set up properly and fully backed up. Then I went to the ReadyCLOUD web admin screen and deleted the backup share. Once it was deleted I had to restart my ReadyCLOUD application (Mac) in order to set it up again.

When I recreated it ReadyCLOUD tells me all files are up to date. There's no files in the ReadyCLOUD share even though the original files on my computer are all there.

How do I get the directory to backup again? I have several that I have to set up again. I'm glad I did this test before dealing with the large directories.

I just updated the ReadyCLOUD application this morning and it tells me that my ReadyCLOUD application is up to date.

Message 1 of 6
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Trouble Setting Up Backups

Hi ReadyJoe,

Thank you for reporting this problem to the community. Let us have a further look on the issue that you reported and we'll get back to you as soon as we have duplicated it. I also need some details about the ReadyCLOUD desktop app that you used and your ReadyNAS system. My questions are listed below.

1. What is the Firmware version of you ReadyNAS?

2. What is the version of the ReadyCLOUD desktop app installed in your computer (PC or iMAC)?

3. If the backup is named differently, will it create a new share and start syncing files?

I look forward to your response.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team 

Message 2 of 6
ReadyJoe
Tutor

Hi there,

1. The firmware of ReadNAS is 6.2.5

2. The version of ReadyCLOUD desktop app is 1.0.634.74

3. I kepy the name of the directory on my Mac identical. I did not change the name so the share name is identical on the NAS as the original backup share. Changing the name of the directory on the Mac will initiate a new backup and does work.

Best regards, 

Joe

Message 3 of 6
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi ReadyJoe,

Based on my test, it is normal for share name to show up to date if its name is the same as the folder that you will sync from your computer through ReadyCLOUD. Clicking the Backup PC or Backup MAC folder" on the ReadyCLOUD desktop app client window will create a share on your ReadyNAS with this kind of name format "PCname-Foldername" then the sync process will start and complete once done. Let us check if there is a workaround or something that we can do to for a PC folder to sync with a ReadyNAS share with the same exact name that won't show an up to date status on the app client window.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 6
ReadyJoe
Tutor

Are you saying that if a backup is stopped for whatever reason that in order to restart the backup that you have to rename the folder on your PC and start over?

Message 5 of 6
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi ReadyJoe,

I apologize for my confusing statement. It's not needed to recreate a backup if its stopped, you can just run it again or select the button right next to the share that will give you an option called "Sync with PC". The only problem I see here is if a PC folder that you want to backup or sync matches a similar name of a share already created on the NAS, results a message that says "All files are up to date".  

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements